New to the hobby

HunterOfSnakes

Sep 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Awesome! I'm new to the whole thing to, my detector is arriving tomorrow :) Therefore, I can't help all that much, but welcome :hello2:

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome.
Parks, beeches, playgrounds are all good places to search. Another option is if any of your friends live in older homes see if you can search their yards. I like to do it while their away, with their permission of course.

Just remember to fill in your holes and you'll always have some place to hunt.

Check out this web page on target recovery
http://www.ohiometaldetecting.com/how-to.html

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!............Old home sites,old store sites, school house sites, fair grounds, anywhere where people gather or have gathered in the past. Where old clothes lines used to be, around mail boxes. Around the front porch and where they parked their cars. Church yards and picnic groves......My first find was a wheat penney around the edge of the front porch of my wifes grandmothers house.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say welcome Ken to Tnet. For places that is good to hunt just about anywhere where people gather now or have gather in the past. Check with your locale library and check old records for places that is no longer there. If I hunt parks, school yards or friends yards I will only do it when the ground is moist after a rain. I do not want anyone to get mad at me for digging in their yard when the ground is dry as this will cause the grass to turn brown. Do not want people to get mad and not let you back. So do some research and good luck.....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions