Heres what I brought home from Saturdays "seeded" club hunt

Company F

Mar 16, 2009
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/White's Classic IDX/Fisher F2
Here's what I brought home from Saturday's "seeded" club hunt

I went to the annual Middle Tennessee Metal Detecting Club event last Saturday at the Gallatin Civic Center in Gallatin, Tennessee. The weather could not have been nicer. The ground was quite dry though. This was my first "seeded" hunt ever. What a great time everyone had. We had a picnic as well. There was was more food than I have ever seen at any family reunion. ALL GOOD! Our first hunt was an all silver hunt. I found the two silver Franklin halves and most of the silver Roosevelts and a silver quarter or two. the second hunt was for older coins. That's where I got all of those Mercury dimes, the nickles, the IH pennies and another silver quarter. I had eight Mercury dimes but I gave one to my Mom. It was a 1934, the year of her birth. The third hunt was a poker run. We broke off into teams of five and one by one hunted for a playing card wrapped around a silver dime. Whichever team had the best hand won silver dollars. We came in fourth and I won a 1968 Kennedy half dollar. The final hunt was for tokens, relics, non-valuable jewelry and buttons. With my tokens I won a one Troy Ounce Liberty Mint .999+ silver coin and a book about Southern Cavalry General Nathan Bedford Forrest. Well worth the $25.00 entry fee.

Attachments

• IMG_1789.jpgcrpsm.jpg
    IMG_1789.jpgcrpsm.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_1792.jpgsm.jpg
    IMG_1792.jpgsm.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1800.jpgsm.jpg
    IMG_1800.jpgsm.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_1795.jpgsm.jpg
    IMG_1795.jpgsm.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_1796.jpgsm.jpg
    IMG_1796.jpgsm.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1798.jpgsm.jpg
    IMG_1798.jpgsm.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 257

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Here's what I brought home from Saturday's "seeded" club hunt

:notworthy: A really nice collection of goodies. Well worth the entry fee. :thumbsup:

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I am glad that you had a great time. Club hunts are a lot of fun. I used to be a member of your club when I lived in Nashville a few years ago. They have a great club. Congrats on some great finds.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You did exceptionally well for your first time. The .999 silver round alone paid for your enrty fee.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread