Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any place people gather is a good place to hunt new or old.

For newer places all your really going to find is clad and if your lucky some jewerly and that stuff won't be very deep. The flip side of the coin is the older the site the (deeper) older the finds.

As far as what to buy I would buy a water/beach/surf machine and hunt the beaches since living in Forida your never far from the beech. Thats where you'll have the greatest chance of finding gold jewerly.

Check out some of these water/beach/surf machines
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/Detectorcategories/watersurfdivebeachdetectors.htm

oldcoon

Jul 10, 2010
Middletown, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Parks, soccer fields, playgrounds and baseball fields are good places.
Get yourself a Garrett Ace 250, a pair of earphones, a digging trowel, maybe a pinpointer
and go knock yourself out.
For about three and a half you will be in business and next year
we can read here how your detector paid for itself.
Good luck and happy hunting.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All those are good choices and they don't have to be old.

People start dropping stuff right away. The targets will just be newer and shallower is all.

Good hunting! :icon_thumleft:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt a park up here... this year me an my son took out over a dollar but there was money from the late 60's 70's there... and the park was made in the 80's....so then i take that information and find a park that was made early 70s and you should find silver their if.. no one went over it all ready with a deep seeking detector...I think it was the early 70's when I was kid.. every buddy started keeping the silver coins and replace them with clad and it just gets harder and harder to find that old silver in the parks after the 80's but ether way.. it all about trill of the chase. liftloop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread