🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Why Yanks hate Brit's!

shaun7 said:
spartacus53 said:
Hey Dano, old buddy, ol' mate of mine. Shoot me some info on where I go to claim my loot. I just wish I knew the details so I could claim it myself.. I would also venture a guess as to why some hate/dislike the Brits. I think that silly little accent also affects the hearing. Case in point, I once told a Brit co-worker about his being a bit aloof. I guess he thought I said roof and it went over his head. Anyway, the good thing is that all the birds fly upside down over the Midlands. Why :dontknow: Because there's nothing worth pooping on

I suppose your house is covered with --deleted--e, what with having that manly accent and all :laughing9:
If you want some $hit shaun, just wait for Sparticus to open his Mouth...he spews it all the time :laughing7: but if you have to wait for him to post a decent find :dontknow: you will be here for ever :laughing9:

SS

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cap'n Crunch said:
What?! That does it! I am tired of coming up with zilch here. My family ancestory is fully British, it even indicates so in my last name: "Willoughby" There's a name that should be very familiar to the fellow Brits. I am seriously thinking about going back to my ancient homeland. The treasure leads here suck, the laws suck, the politicians suck, and the dating scene here sucks. I'm outta here!!

Have a pint ready for me boys!
:icon_thumleft:

Got a nice pint of Yorkshire Beer ready for Ya :icon_thumleft:..something else you won't get over there :laughing9:

SS

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250

i dont hate brite eihter just the ones that have oversize sticks up thier arse with thier nose far up in the air if it rained real hard they would drown or the ones that still call us colonies hell we bailed yall out during ww1 ww2 and we whooped ya twice not once and a country unarmed is a country full of well behaved workers a country armed is a well armed country of soldiers so no i dont hate brits just the ones that act like i just discribed

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

Why why why..is my online life filled with yanks who have the historical knowledge of a pine cone??
Olepossum - As a general rule i'd usually take your statement,rip it to pieces and make you look like the stupid kid in class that everyone throws stones at! Read my last but one post,i'm trying to be nice here,help me out by going away and reading a history book NOT printed in the US! Ok mate? :)

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I knew we shouldn't have stopped at the colonies, but continued on to the British mainland. :(

On the bright side, that gold will mean a lot of tooth fillings for dentally-challenged Brits :P

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

Luckily in those days Washington didn't have the likes of you as a personal advisor!
Your idea would be like him being head coach of TN state and leading them to victory against Harvard (or whoever is the best in college bowl?) in the Rose bowl, and then you telling him "ok now let's go and take on the New England Patriots in the superbowl boss"!

Americans are very.."anal" about teeth i've noticed.When i think about it it's natural for you i guess as a lot of you talk out of your arses! :wink:

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Dano Sverige said:
Luckily in those days Washington didn't have the likes of you as a personal advisor!
Your idea would be like him being head coach of TN state and leading them to victory against Harvard (or whoever is the best in college bowl?) in the Rose bowl, and then you telling him "ok now let's go and take on the New England Patriots in the superbowl boss"!

Americans are very.."anal" about teeth i've noticed.When i think about it it's natural for you i guess as a lot of you talk out of your arses! :wink:

LOL! "Harvard" as the best college team? And "TN State?" You really are a foreigner :P (though admittedly, I don't know my Arsenal from my Blackburn from my Man U. I'm just satisfied with the World Cup, which you guys won um...5 decades ago? Hehe. Nice showing Rooney!)

I'd gladly talk out of my arse if it meant digging up some US gold coins (or begrudgingly Roman, English, etc. coins!)

Arse-talking treasure professional that finds awesome stuff--sounds good to me! :P

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

heepiepow said:
I knew we shouldn't have stopped at the colonies, but continued on to the British mainland. :(

On the bright side, that gold will mean a lot of tooth fillings for dentally-challenged Brits :P
LOL....teeth can be fixed ::) but boy some of those Fat American Ar$es :laughing9: no wonder we left the Colonies :o the sight of that running at you would frighten anybody back to Blighty :laughing9:

http://www.expatify.com/news/the-worlds-top-10-fattest-countries.html

SS

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Anybody can say crap about anyone, even everyone on the face of this earth. Nobody's perfect right? So what's the point in all of these these put-downs? Is it just to make one feel better about themselves?

Human nature I quess.

I know, I should have been a therapist.

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used

Like i say Heepie,i'm not too well up on American college girlie sports. First names that came into my head to try get the point across. :dontknow:
Yup,near 5 decades since we won the world cup. How long since you won it? At least we go out and play games where there's a good chance we'll get beat,unlike you lot!

Maybe i have this thread all wrong? Maybe Yanks hate Brit's because we have the common sense not to spend our lives worrying if our teeth are slightly out of line or not white enough?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige said:
Maybe i have this thread all wrong? Maybe Yanks hate Brit's because we have the common sense not to spend our lives worrying if our teeth are slightly out of line or not white enough?

You got that right Dano, I'm saving my 1 good tooth for a steak someday :laughing7: I'll put that tooth in overdrive and whittle that steak to shreds in minutes. :icon_thumleft:

SS I have so many great finds if I post them people will give up detecting all together. I also have a rather fancy pull tab collection that spans 4 decades.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Dano, what happened? I saw on the news tonight that your newest nuclear sub got cough up on the rocks off Scotland. The rudder looks like the worst design I have ever seen. It looks like it is built to hang up!

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Dano Sverige said:
Like i say Heepie,i'm not too well up on American college girlie sports. First names that came into my head to try get the point across. :dontknow:
Yup,near 5 decades since we won the world cup. How long since you won it? At least we go out and play games where there's a good chance we'll get beat,unlike you lot!

heh, I at least am not overly worried about my teeth, that's just a standard anti-Brit joke here.

And yeah, our team has been pathetic at the Cup. I don't generally root for the US either, because I'd rather watch good teams play and move out of the group stage.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk in my post, just poking fun :D

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Britian, the land of the sea rovers like Francis Drake,Henry Morgan,Henry Avery Or "Long Ben" as his friends called him and many others who roamed the seas and stole from the Spaniards, the French, and the American colonies much loot and took it back to England. Lets all go to England and get our treasures back men :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: ar,ar . The folks should have kept their month shut..oh well easy come easy go. Has anyone consider a bank robbery? I heard a story that ran in my family, a great Uncle back in the 1920's robbed a bankin Wisconsin. He escaped into Canada and returned to what was Austo- Hungary. The folks said every once in a while he would show up with silver dollars and gold coins minted in America. So it is a possibility that that gold could have been loot from a robbery. Old vocations never die...England a true pirate nation.. :wink:

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used

@Frankn - Yeah we tend not to spend too much money on our military stuff these days.We worked out it's much cheaper to let you yanks spend it all spend it and do the protecting! :thumbsup:

@Heepie - Nothing wrong with poking fun mate,i'm the first to do it usually. It's just that using the tired same old stereotypical crap makes you seem like the usual tired same old idiots that usually come out with it! :wink:

@Relic - Drake and Morgan (not sure about Avery) were "privateers" not pirates. Piracy was a capital offence,and there's a big difference! (on paper anyway.)
Privateers were employed by all nations,including America in the war of 1812. Infact the last letters of marque allowing privateering were issued to 2 American airships in WWII...for some weird reason!
Stealing Gold and silver from the Spanish,who had just stolen it from elsewhere,isn't stealing,it's just "business"! Like taking it from Jesse James after he robbed a bank..."fair game"!
Hitting the French,Dutch,Portugese and USA, was mainly "economic warfare", cutting off supplies and sinking or capturing the much needed ships carrying them.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is OK. Just send me a hoard of roman loot to bury in my back yard and we will call it even. :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used

Well we could send you some,but then the Chinese historians will be very confused when they finally rumble in and wonder how the hell the Romans got to Korea! :icon_scratch:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I leave Korea in two weeks so I will just bury em in the states. ;D It would be hard to dig a hole here on base anyway. :tongue3:

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2

Wow, this thread really went sideways! There are no two greater allies than the US and Great Briton and without each other we might both be speaking a different language. Put the petty bickering aside and take a moment to remember it took about 300,000 American lives and 325,000 British lives During WWII to keep us both free. Oh yeah, don't forget the over 60,000 British civilians that died during WWII.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp

Tin Nugget said:
Wow, this thread really went sideways! There are no two greater allies than the US and Great Briton and without each other we might both be speaking a different language. Put the petty bickering aside and take a moment to remember it took about 300,000 American lives and 325,000 British lives During WWII to keep us both free. Oh yeah, don't forget the over 60,000 British civilians that died during WWII.

Very well said :icon_thumleft:

It's only a bit of fun though :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions