mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am off on medical leave this month I had hand surgey. So I had to break down and turn in my clad to help out. I had a total of $152.23 not bad just over 6 months of detecting. I just hope myh hand heals quick so I can get back out and do some more detecting before the ground freezes, So guys and gals what is your total so far in clad count......Matt

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty good about aver age fond another Merck, two 1940D's quarters ,and Finley my buffalo nickle I was is static to locate one of those,And I found it with the 5900 looking for glacial float copper,witch i found all so-That day.

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes machines not doing to bad. I turn 7 10k rings in last week and got $163 for the scrap gold. Still have my 14k and 18k just waiting to see how long I am going to be off work before I sell. I keep all my clad usually until the end of the year and then turn in for Xmas presents. But I needed the money now. I have a free trip to Hershey, PA and hope I can get out and do some detecting when I am there. If possible I will stop a couple of times going and coming home at some tot lots while I let the kids play and stretch.....Matt

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mlayers said:
Yes machines not doing to bad. I turn 7 10k rings in last week and got $163 for the scrap gold. Still have my 14k and 18k just waiting to see how long I am going to be off work before I sell. I keep all my clad usually until the end of the year and then turn in for Xmas presents. But I needed the money now. I have a free trip to Hershey, PA and hope I can get out and do some detecting when I am there. If possible I will stop a couple of times going and coming home at some tot lots while I let the kids play and stretch.....Matt
Awesome buddy!

I need to talk to you. I just got the GPX5000

I know, call me crazy, but what do you think about trying it near the lucky strike?

Any suggestions?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found nearly $300.00 my first year just hunting around schools and playgrounds. That paid for my first detector! But since I haven't counted. Just ever so often I take a coffe can full of found clad and pocket change down to the CoinStar machine and cash it in. Some of it has to be cleaned to get it to run through the machine. It keeps me in batteries for the most part. But I don't dig as much clad as I use to and look more for quality instead of quantity. I will usually still dig a dime or quarter signal in hopes of silver, but very few pennies. Monty

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Monty said:
<snip> But I don't dig as much clad as I use to and look more for quality instead of quantity. I will usually still dig a dime or quarter signal in hopes of silver, but very few pennies. Monty

Monty, just curious, what target signals do you usually dig in your quest for "quality?" With gold being in the foil to tab range, I just had wonder what you shoot for.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My clad total so far for 2010 is $ 376.10. This is just about average for one years take. I'm still holding down a 40 hour a week job. So basically this is all weekend hunting. :icon_thumleft:

Clad Quarters: 781
Clad Dimes: 1,313
Nickels: 437
Pennies: 1,970
Sakies & S.B's: 8

Plug popper

Aug 23, 2010
Mo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GMH CXlll Garrett Master Hunter 10x Garrett master hunter 7x Garrett MH ADS 6 master hunter 5x
I have found a littel over 100.00 this year so far' but i am still hunting. ;D

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just clad: 80 quarters $20.00
82 nickels 4.10
96 dimes 9.60
over 200 pennies ~2.00
Total: $35.70

The F75 is my first detector and I have been at this about two months, try to hunt 3 or 4 times a week for 3-5 hours per. The hourly wage sucks, but, the fun factor makes up for it and then some!! Had I saved all the tabs I could have cashed them in for more clad! ;D

Truffleshuffle

Sep 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
LoL thats easy for me I have found about 45 or 50 cents and 1 1940's wheatie. But I haven;t been detecting long only about a month or so and Just been detecting a relitives house to learn the machine. Hoping to get in a few more hunts this before the weekend is over but the weather is not looking good.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
The past 9 years I can honestly say I would be lucky to have found 7 or 8 bucks a year. Due to health I'm just not getting out like I would like but each time I do get out it's pure FUN! Happy Hunting

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roland 58, I have found some gold and a lot of silver. What I really enjoy digging most is historical things that probably aren't worth much except for my imagining who last touched them fifty or a hundred years ago and how they were lost or discarded and why they wind up where I find them. I am not a treasure hunter, rather I'm a hobbyist I guess. There's not a lot of 300 year old things to be found around here except mayby Indian points, but there is a lot of Indian Territory old home places left where I love to poke around and see what I can come up with. If I find gold or silver it's a bonus, but it's the history I enjoy most. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions