do you have the detecting bug ?

indydoberman

Tenderfoot
Feb 12, 2009
Hello, I have been detecting for over a year now, I am pretty happy with what I have found. But I wont bore you with the details. I go all the time. Before work and after work and sometimes during work. I use to hate to go to the store with my wife but now I love to. I have a problem looking on the ground I find change all the time now on the ground. Check out lines are the best. Parking lots and gas stations and car washes and my favorite is drive thru fast foods restaurants. On Sundays after iam done detecting i go to the bar parking lots ,boy i rake it in . i look on the ground so much that people ask me did you lose something ...... do you have it that bad??????

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have it that bad. But I do watch the gound when I walk around.....Matt

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two of my best lookouts are 1) If you live in snow country, where the winter winds are HARSH, go to downwind edges of large shopping mall parking lots. People pull out folding money and WOOSH, it is gone... to collect in the ditch at the edge of the lot. Few people will chase it in near freezing weather. When the lot is full it is even hard to tell if it got that far.... yet. 2) School playgrounds. On the lot before plowing, along the edge after plowing. My younger brother lost his lunch money one day "fooling around" with the guys. He went to look where he thought he lost it and found about 4x his lunch money! We have been avid "ground hogs" ever since. TTC

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the idea. :icon_thumleft:

Sunday morning I think I'll go check out the parking lots at some local bars. :headbang:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMG Yes!!!! I even look down when walking and people ask are you looking for something I say Always!!!!! :laughing7: :laughing7:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do the samething...don't make special trips but I do look down when I'm walking. Best part is my seven year old does it now. I walking into the house after work last week and a pair of gold earrings were on the fireplace. My daughters eyeball find. :icon_thumright:

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread