FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry don't remember who asked this nor could I find the post but someone wanted to know about the effect black sand has on the AT pro so I asked Vaughn Garrett and this was his reply.

Hope this helps with the question

Bill,
Brent Weaver, Garrett’s lead designer of the AT Pro has answered your question regarding black sand.
Regards,
Vaughan

Vaughan,

Mineralized black-sands are a challenge for any detector. However, the AT Pro performs quite well in these conditions for the following reasons:
- The DD coil design significantly reduces the negative effects of ground minerals.
- The ground balancing function also significantly reduces the performance-robbing effects of ground minerals.
- The internal filtering and signal processing are designed to address highly mineralized environments.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FloridaBill said:
I am sorry don't remember who asked this nor could I find the post but someone wanted to know about the effect black sand has on the AT pro so I asked Vaughn Garrett and this was his reply.

Hope this helps with the question

Bill,
Brent Weaver, Garrett’s lead designer of the AT Pro has answered your question regarding black sand.
Regards,
Vaughan

Vaughan,

Mineralized black-sands are a challenge for any detector. However, the AT Pro performs quite well in these conditions for the following reasons:
- The DD coil design significantly reduces the negative effects of ground minerals.
- The ground balancing function also significantly reduces the performance-robbing effects of ground minerals.
- The internal filtering and signal processing are designed to address highly mineralized environments.
Every company hands you that line of.... CRAP ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread