snow birds

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's that time again the ground is going to start freezing and were going to get snow.....been seeing Snow bird all this week and last.....flocks of them taking off with the white on their feathers....Such a pretty bird....they hang a round till Snow...then they'll take off and you won't see them till a nother year....That if you take... the time too notice them.

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent...I hope your travel is safe and you find some then good :icon_thumleft:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Me too. For the first time in my life I can do what I want & the wife & I are heading to southern Alabama very near the Gulf coast in an RV. Any tips on places to detect would be greatly appreciated.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I've been hearing them birds flying over the house but I thought it was the
Sandhill Cranes.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's snow?

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So is that why they call the senior citizens here that go south for the winter snow birds? White hair? Hate the cold? Didn't know a snow bird was a real bird...lol.

And this is snow...

Al

Attachments

• DSCF1873.JPG
    DSCF1873.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 229
  • DSCF1873.JPG
    DSCF1873.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 232

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deepskyal, that was a joke.......I spent 5 winters in the U.P. of Michigan.......I KNOW what snow is. BTW, in your picture you can still see the cars, not even reason to call off school! ;D

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Roland58 said:
Deepskyal, that was a joke.......I spent 5 winters in the U.P. of Michigan.......I KNOW what snow is. BTW, in your picture you can still see the cars, not even reason to call off school! ;D
Like this ? The red object on the left is a 1 ton Chevy ramptruck. :laughing9:

Attachments

• Snow 3-1-08 002.JPG
    Snow 3-1-08 002.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 207

Elwood P. Dowd

Sep 12, 2008
I only see snowbirds (Junco) in the winter. But I love to detect in the fall so I have the a month or so off great hunting.

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
deepskyal said:
So is that why they call the senior citizens here that go south for the winter snow birds? White hair? Hate the cold? Didn't know a snow bird was a real bird...lol.

And this is snow...

Al

Hell, I though he was talking about old people when I read the thread title.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
colorado14ers said:
and they all come to naples to steals my treasure and drive slow the roads :( :angry5: :laughing9:

And we up north here sure do appreciate your looking after them for us :laughing7:.

Al

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uses guy's are great... love the hole bunch of yas's.....Deepskyal...I have to say you look like a good Friend of mine a round hear from that picture Man OO man isn't that the way it goes...well thanks for all the replies to my post... the snow birds are still hear.. so that means no snow for now. liftloop

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: I can hardly wait for snow-bird season to open. They're great on the grill. Car, truck or cooker.:tongue3:

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NHBandit said:
Roland58 said:
Like this ? The red object on the left is a 1 ton Chevy ramptruck. :laughing9:

Is that a Grand National? Even if you lie, please tell me you were putting it to bed...
On second look, it appears to just be a Chevy....

suprdave

Aug 3, 2010
LeFlore County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we plan on snowbirding at port a (south texas coast) this jan and feb so i sure hope that the locals saved us a ring or two to find on the beach while we enjoy mding there suprdave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread