Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Oilfield Trash

Jan 2009
    Texas by Gawd
    Minelab E-TRAC
    19 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Carry metal detector on bike?

I just got back on two wheels for the first time in 10 years. Anyone here ride a bike and pack their detector along? If so how do you stow it?
    If I can't figure out an easy way to do it, my detecting time will be nil, I just can't hardly bring myself to fire up the car now.
    When winter gets here (probably late December ) it may be a different story, but while the weather is nice its hard to get my but out of the saddle.

‘‘A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace.’’

— James Madison, The Federalist Papers (No. 46).

us
    Sep 2010
    huntingdon county PA
    MXT

Re: Carry metal detector on bike?

nice ride gunny, i use my V-STROM i take my MXT apart and stow it in my topbox
    but the lower shaft is just a bit to long so it goes in one of my soft side bags
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows Live Photo Gallery Wallpaper.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	316.5 KB 
ID:	466619  

us
    I dig zinc....

Oct 2010
    Tyler, TX
    Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.) CTX-3030 10-04-13
    29 times
    Metal Detecting

Just put a strap on it and wear it across a shoulder. If it gets hurt, you are going to be worried about more than the detector~~~!!!
    Roland

All electrical devices are powered by smoke......when the smoke escapes, they no longer work.

us
    Oilfield Trash

Jan 2009
    Texas by Gawd
    Minelab E-TRAC
    19 times

Like your ride as well camodude. Looks like a great weekend get away ride. Guess I need to invest in some bigger sadddlebags.
    Roland58, I thought about that as well . Might work for close places, but at 70-80 MPH for an hour or so, no thanks.
    ‘‘A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace.’’

— James Madison, The Federalist Papers (No. 46).

us
    North Carolina

Jun 2009
    Currently Pilfered!
    5 times

Consider getting a backrest (aka: sissy bar) for that sweet machine, you can strap it to the backrest or another option is they sell a product called a "T-Bag" that slips over the backrest and it will provide you with alot of carrying room, especially designed for long cross country trips and it will be able to carry your detector with no hassles, plus food, clothes, tent, ect.

The cheaper option is to get a slim bag that will fit just your detector gear and strap it to your back or bungee it over the passenger seat.

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...ed=0CEEQzAMwAg
    Formerly Known As Cap'n Crunch

us
    Sep 2010
    southeast PA
    CTX3030
    61 times

or get a side car...
    down and dirty

us
    Jun 2010
    Yuma, AZ
    Tesoro Cibola, Cutlass 2 umax

I carry mine from time to time on my bike, just break it down and put it in my Alice pack. Shafts stick out about 6" but it gets the job done. Recently I found a Tennis raquet case at Goodwill for $1.50 that fits my Cibola like a glove when it's in pieces.
    “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” GEORGE ORWELL

us
    Feb 2007
    East Central Florida WP
    Whites XLT / M6
    10 times

A good sized back pack will solve your problem.

Ray S ECenFL
    Wolf Pack Member

us
    Sep 2010
    2 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)

My wife and I were down at Delmarva bike week in Ocean City, Maryland. I saw there was a local dealer close to where we were. Not far just across the state line in Delaware. Had a great conversation with the owner and struck a great deal on an Excal ii. Had the bike only,so we just bungee strapped it on, she held the box.Only a few miles back to the condo in Md. Got to use it in the Atlantic a little. Had lots of friends down that had cages. Got one of them to haul it home for me back to Pennsylvania. Have strapped it on the bike several times up here as well. Photo taken by the dealer, said this is a first for him. He mentioned sending it to Minelab in Vegas. Said they may want to used it in a future flyer. Have fun and stay safe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	excal on the bike.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	291.5 KB 
ID:	469714  

Bev

Quote Originally Posted by sgratrider
    My wife and I were down at Delmarva bike week in Ocean City, Maryland. I saw there was a local dealer close to where we were. Not far just across the state line in Delaware. Had a great conversation with the owner and struck a great deal on an Excal ii. Had the bike only,so we just bungee strapped it on, she held the box.Only a few miles back to the condo in Md. Got to use it in the Atlantic a little. Had lots of friends down that had cages. Got one of them to haul it home for me back to Pennsylvania. Have strapped it on the bike several times up here as well. Photo taken by the dealer, said this is a first for him. He mentioned sending it to Minelab in Vegas. Said they may want to used it in a future flyer. Have fun and stay safe.
    Look how cute you guys are! Awww!

us
    Sep 2010
    2 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)

I agree she is a hottie !

Sponsors