Carry metal detector on bike?

Gunny71

Jan 14, 2009
Texas by Gawd
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back on two wheels for the first time in 10 years. Anyone here ride a bike and pack their detector along? If so how do you stow it?
If I can't figure out an easy way to do it, my detecting time will be nil, I just can't hardly bring myself to fire up the car now.
When winter gets here (probably late December ;D ) it may be a different story, but while the weather is nice its hard to get my but out of the saddle.

DSCF0441.jpg

CAMODUDE

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2010
huntingdon county PA
Detector(s) used
MXT
nice ride gunny, i use my V-STROM i take my MXT apart and stow it in my topbox
but the lower shaft is just a bit to long so it goes in one of my soft side bags

Attachments

• Windows Live Photo Gallery Wallpaper.jpg
    Windows Live Photo Gallery Wallpaper.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 728

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just put a strap on it and wear it across a shoulder. If it gets hurt, you are going to be worried about more than the detector~~~!!!

OP
OP
Gunny71

Gunny71

Jan 14, 2009
Texas by Gawd
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like your ride as well camodude. Looks like a great weekend get away ride. Guess I need to invest in some bigger sadddlebags.
Roland58, I thought about that as well :icon_scratch: . Might work for close places, but at 70-80 MPH for an hour or so, no thanks.

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Consider getting a backrest (aka: sissy bar) for that sweet machine, you can strap it to the backrest or another option is they sell a product called a "T-Bag" that slips over the backrest and it will provide you with alot of carrying room, especially designed for long cross country trips and it will be able to carry your detector with no hassles, plus food, clothes, tent, ect.

The cheaper option is to get a slim bag that will fit just your detector gear and strap it to your back or bungee it over the passenger seat.

http://www.google.com/products?hl=e...esult_group&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CEEQzAMwAg

ZJBarney

Jun 22, 2010
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Cutlass 2 umax
I carry mine from time to time on my bike, just break it down and put it in my Alice pack. Shafts stick out about 6" but it gets the job done. Recently I found a Tennis raquet case at Goodwill for $1.50 that fits my Cibola like a glove when it's in pieces.

sgratrider

Sep 21, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I were down at Delmarva bike week in Ocean City, Maryland. I saw there was a local dealer close to where we were. Not far just across the state line in Delaware. Had a great conversation with the owner and struck a great deal on an Excal ii. Had the bike only,so we just bungee strapped it on, she held the box.Only a few miles back to the condo in Md. Got to use it in the Atlantic a little. Had lots of friends down that had cages. Got one of them to haul it home for me back to Pennsylvania. Have strapped it on the bike several times up here as well. Photo taken by the dealer, said this is a first for him. He mentioned sending it to Minelab in Vegas. Said they may want to used it in a future flyer. Have fun and stay safe.

Attachments

• excal on the bike.jpg
    excal on the bike.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 765
B

Bev

sgratrider said:
My wife and I were down at Delmarva bike week in Ocean City, Maryland. I saw there was a local dealer close to where we were. Not far just across the state line in Delaware. Had a great conversation with the owner and struck a great deal on an Excal ii. Had the bike only,so we just bungee strapped it on, she held the box.Only a few miles back to the condo in Md. Got to use it in the Atlantic a little. Had lots of friends down that had cages. Got one of them to haul it home for me back to Pennsylvania. Have strapped it on the bike several times up here as well. Photo taken by the dealer, said this is a first for him. He mentioned sending it to Minelab in Vegas. Said they may want to used it in a future flyer. Have fun and stay safe.

Look how cute you guys are! Awww!

zombie

Aug 30, 2016
Guelph, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Bounty Hunter DISCOVERY 1100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know this is an old thread but anyone else strapping their detector to their bikes?
I have an '02 Honda VFR that I plan on taking it on this summer.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On you back is best they make padded bags for detecters it would shake and vibrate too much mounted solid on your bike

Robinb

Feb 10, 2016
In the sun
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 and
Excalibur II with 15" NEL coil
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
what about the scoop ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread