• Total voters

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
That is the whole of the problem. The American people have to stand up and say "NO" ! Not say, "well my state representative will do it". How long does it take the American people to learn they were sold out by their Congress a long time ago ? What you believe is what you were taught in the public school system. What was taught in the public school system is what the government wanted you to believe. Figure it out. The government is privately run on OUR public tax dollars.

I'll be doggone if I'd pay a fee to metal detect on public lands.
itmaiden

homefires said:
This Cracks me UP!

I get pissed paying to sleep over night on my property called the State Park. They Receive Millons of Dollars to Maintain those Closes Off , Fenced In UnTuchable Places.

Why would I need to pay $14.00 to spend the Nignt on what belongs to ME?

What ta hell. You own it.

Do you think you should pay a PERMIT to walk down the Road?

Keep letting them at it and you will.

Maybe we should pay a FEE to get in the Park?

Maybe we should pay a Fee to Drive in the Woods?

Maybe We should pay a Fee to Pick up the Rocks?

Maybe We should pay a Fee to Drink the Water in the Streams?

Thank God I will not be around long enough to see it, but its comming.

Just let them do it and they Will.

Have you Ever Heard the Word NO?

Try it. Tell Them NO!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Oklahoma most of the lakes are man made and managed by the Corps of Engineers. You have to pay a day user's fee at a gated entrance or you can buy a season pass. Since I am not using the beach or boating, they usually don't charge me to detect. But I do have to check in with them first. In spite of the fees, the fcilities are horrible! Being flood control lakes, the picnic tables are often under water as well as any plaiyground equipment. When the watergoes down the table are all antigoggling and not usable. Often the toilet facilities smell so bad you have to hold your breath to use them. And if you stay over night you have to rent a campsite and pay extra.

In our national parks or BLM land you cannot remove even a stone or face possible arrest. You can drive only on designated roads that are usually packed with touristsbumper to bumper. There is no driving in the woods. And if you drink the water in the streams you may die of dysentary because they are polluted. So, it is already as bad as homefires says it might be. The backwoods and clean surroundings are rarely seen by the common visitor and are resrved for the priviledged few. Monty

papajos

Feb 11, 2009
kenley said:
I would pay a tax to hunt on Padre. The powers that govern the island says they don't allow metal detectorist because they dig holes. While we were being explained this liberal logic, we were watchin a group of drunks dig a four foot deep hole to build a five foot tall "sandcastle"

Last year my son and I took a little drive down there. I was talking to one of the rangers about detecting, he said it was not allowed because of all the shipwrecks that lost gold coins and the coins were the property of Texas!

Talk about an incentive to come back with my detector!!!!

BttleDiggerDrew

Aug 12, 2010
Rockland County, NY
coin finder said:
Hi, all I like to know how many of you are willing to pay for a permit to metal detect ? and how much ? in new york Long island it $ 40.00 for a year ! But if you go Up state New York it is Only $ 20.00 for a year. :o :o

Permit? What Permit?....I am tired of NY's overreg' of everything....They can go fly a kite... I would never fork over my hard earned money for a MD'ing permit..and I do MD on game lands, since I am licensed hunter on these lands. So, NYDEC go sit on a fence post!

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
LOL! Some people can't do anything with out Mommies or Daddys Permission. Hell , they will even pay for the Permission.

Hell, In Deming New Mexico you can't keep your RV in your yard on your property without the cities PERMISSION!

SUCK UPS!!!!

Thank God I moved to the County.

:help:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had to buy some sort of 'permit' to detect and had never heard of that sort of thing. So far, I can pretty much camp in the national forests here for free. If you decide to camp in the parks here in Colorado, you have to pay the day use fee in addition to the overnight camping fee. So you can wind up paying $24 one night, no electric, in some places. (I found that out late one night when the ranger came by wanting the 6 bucks day use fee I didn't pay, since I wasn't day using but camping. I paid it.) I do not mind paying to camp in a state park. But the Colorado state legislature needs to understand this--we intend to see a return on our investment. They're sayin the parks are in trouble here in Colorado, no funding, etc. etc. These parks are full every week here in Summit County in the summer. I assume everybody is paying their camping fee. If they want to charge for a dectecting permit, I figure a dollar would be about fair, because that's more or less what I find when I camp in one of the parks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread