Thanks Garrett!

Pickpan

Nov 17, 2009
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
My Garrett Pro Pointer became faulty recently. I contacted Garrett about it, explaining that I really like the Pro Pointer. It's quick on the draw, rugged and works effectively. I was asked to send it to their requested address and that it would be fixed or replaced FREE of charge. I answered a small questionnaire regarding the issues I experienced with their product and mailed it out. It took roughly a week to the day to receive a spankin' new one. Missed only one weekend of huntin' (at least witout a pinpointer :laughing7:) I appreciate the quick and clear service Garrett provided. Pickpan...

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
What was the fault? Mine seems to be weak in detection as of late, even though it still works. I just don't feel the same sensitivity. Thanks, martin

OP
OP
P

Pickpan

Nov 17, 2009
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Mine was giving false signals and sometimes would not stop beeping. There was a soldered connection inside that had become loosened or broken. I don't "baby" my pinpointer and I suppose dropping it on quartz and bedrock and such led to it breaking. Now I have an extra holster if anyone needs it. Pickpan...

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wonderful to hear you got great service like that---good company!!!

I bet you sure are happy with your spankin' brand new one!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Garrett customer service is awsome. I recently called them to buy a set of battery holders for my GTAx1250. It's about 10 years old and I told them I bought it used 7 years ago. They asked me for my mailing address and 3 days later 2 new battery holders showed up in the mail FREE. They were also slightly redisigned in a way that the "ears" are less likely to break off.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
NHBandit said:
Garrett customer service is awsome. I recently called them to buy a set of battery holders for my GTAx1250. It's about 10 years old and I told them I bought it used 7 years ago. They asked me for my mailing address and 3 days later 2 new battery holders showed up in the mail FREE. They were also slightly redisigned in a way that the "ears" are less likely to break off.
yep i did the same thing for my old gta 1000, they sent me out 2 sets :headbang: for free, now i have a backup set for my gti too. garrett customer service is awesome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread