do you sell your finds or keep them?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello: Hi, Chug kkeps everything he finds, til he gets home, if it is jewelry, I claim it, in fact, I'm wearing a wedding set he found!!!! If someone comes along to ask for help, he gladly helps, and we are in the process of trying to find the owner to a WW2 medal and dogtag he found! :hello2:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm happy to sell if I can get a good price. There's also the security side of things. I recently sold most of my Roman jewellery/fibula's etc found over many years as it was impossible to keep them in a bank with bronze disease being a constant problem. A friend of mine kept his at home and lost 18 years of finds when he went away for a weekend.

I only let museums have items on loan otherwise they can be sold off at any time.

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: Sell it! A little is easy to sell quietly. Get to much and it draws attention. 15 or 20 grams is not going to attract attention. Try unloading two pounds quickly. Sell it as you go and put the cash away in your mad money rainy day stash. :laughing9: If you die and still have it laying around it will just be sold at a yard sale and you will do flips in that box. Bummer! :tongue3: :laughing9:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I'm a hunter not a collector. If it has monetary value, I sell it. However there exceptions like the 200 year old ax head that I conserved. I put so much effort into it and it turned out so well that it now serves a useful purpose as well as a decorative purpose on my bookshelf.

Attachments

• ax300.jpg
    ax300.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 185
  • ax300.jpg
    ax300.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 185

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
it just depends on what it is. finding it is a big thrill for me. not so much hanging on to it. if the kids want something I usually give it to them, otherwise I sell it if I can

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never sold anything. Then again, I have never found anything of great value. I mainly hunt relics.I have traded relics with other THers.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't sell coins (except for 1) and used to sell the common relics as well as a lot of quality button doubles which were easy to part with for the cash. These days things are different, the "junk" isn't even worth the cost to ship, our best producing button sites have dried up and new ones just don't seem to happen, and so far there has not been a one target big score in 2010. For me it totally depends what it is as I could easily keep something worth 10k if I liked it, but sell something worth a couple hundred if I had little interest in the history of the find. Bottles and modern jewelry would be two of the type of things that would hit the auction block if I found something decent.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave most of my silver rings to my grandaughters. I have pretty much kept everything else but at the price of gold now it is sure tempting to sell off my few gold trinkets just to see what they are worth. Monty

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually sell silver coins and gold jewelry and keep the relics. I keep all my Indians and any silver coin that is worth a lot more than melt value.

Attachments

• cabinet.jpg
    cabinet.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 181

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outback that is an awesome display!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell some and I keep some. I like to show people what I have found. As I get questions if I ever find anything intesting. When the kids want something I usually let them have it. I keep the diamonds when I sell the gold......Matt

floodcitykid

Nov 3, 2008
Appomattox coVirginia
Detector(s) used
whites eagle spectrum
fisher gold bug
I used to sell a lot of my finds, especially during the hey day of civil war relic hunting around Centerville and Manassas when the construction boom was uncovering yards of history and it seemed there would be no end to the prizes one found. A lot of the "junk" and common stuff mostly, it got to the point where I had several five gallon buckets full of civil war bullets.

But I could kick myself and some of the things I sold or traded.

Some things I preserved and will pass on to grandchildren, included are a few
rarities, remember History is the greatest treasure and priceless.

Floodcity kid

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread