50 from my desk

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
50' from my desk

So, I am here at work and as I was walking back to my desk I walk by someone's cubical who has a few old bottles on display. I commented and asked him where he found them and he pointed, "Right over there". "There is an old bottle dump over there and there used to be an old house over here from the 1920's.", he said :-)

So, looks like I might start doing some detecting at lunch time here 50 feet from my desk, who'd a thunk it?!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 50' from my desk

JohnnieWalker said:
So, I am here at work and as I was walking back to my desk I walk by someone's cubical who has a few old bottles on display. I commented and asked him where he found them and he pointed, "Right over there". "There is an old bottle dump over there and there used to be an old house over here from the 1920's.", he said :-)

So, looks like I might start doing some detecting at lunch time here 50 feet from my desk, who'd a thunk it?!

When I started detecting I found a Rev War button that was equal in value to the Garrett GTI I had purchased... and it was about 100' out my back door. I have great memories of just being able to walk out the door and hunt Rev War buttons and Colonial period coins. If only it could have stayed that way!

PS... In the matter of a few weeks he might be asking you where you got all the old coins on your desk. ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

humm a possible new hunting buddy right in the building with you --as well as a site to hunt very close by -- who knew?

OP
OP
JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2

what was really cool was that when I asked him how deep the bottles were he said, "On the surface". He said after it rains they get uncovered. Holly Smokes!

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher

Well looks like you will be getting some exercise during your lunch break. I know I would!

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So you gonna root in on his territory? ;D

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't get much better than that, good luck!

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

that is great to find an older place to hunt right next to work

I am new to this game and am having trouble finding some good sites....just never thought I would be trying to find older homesteads etc for metal detecting lol

I sure hope you hit some great finds there! Let us know what you get on lunch break!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread