50 from my desk
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Nov 2009
    Zebulon NC
    Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
    11 times

50' from my desk

So, I am here at work and as I was walking back to my desk I walk by someone's cubical who has a few old bottles on display. I commented and asked him where he found them and he pointed, "Right over there". "There is an old bottle dump over there and there used to be an old house over here from the 1920's.", he said :-)

So, looks like I might start doing some detecting at lunch time here 50 feet from my desk, who'd a thunk it?!

Check out and subscribe to my detecting videos on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/InspireImages#p/a

Re: 50' from my desk

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieWalker
    So, I am here at work and as I was walking back to my desk I walk by someone's cubical who has a few old bottles on display. I commented and asked him where he found them and he pointed, "Right over there". "There is an old bottle dump over there and there used to be an old house over here from the 1920's.", he said :-)

So, looks like I might start doing some detecting at lunch time here 50 feet from my desk, who'd a thunk it?!

When I started detecting I found a Rev War button that was equal in value to the Garrett GTI I had purchased... and it was about 100' out my back door. I have great memories of just being able to walk out the door and hunt Rev War buttons and Colonial period coins. If only it could have stayed that way!

PS... In the matter of a few weeks he might be asking you where you got all the old coins on your desk.

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    3666 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

humm a possible new hunting buddy right in the building with you --as well as a site to hunt very close by -- who knew?

us
    Nov 2009
    Zebulon NC
    Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
    11 times

what was really cool was that when I asked him how deep the bottles were he said, "On the surface". He said after it rains they get uncovered. Holly Smokes!
    Check out and subscribe to my detecting videos on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/InspireImages#p/a

us
    Jan 2006
    Palm Harbor, FL
    excal / Fisher
    76 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Well looks like you will be getting some exercise during your lunch break. I know I would!

us
    Jun 2010
    east texas
    Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
    49 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

So you gonna root in on his territory?

us
    Dec 2004
    Florida
    Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
    59 times

Don't get much better than that, good luck!

us
    Nov 2010
    North Carolina
    BH LoneStar AT PRO
    149 times

that is great to find an older place to hunt right next to work

I am new to this game and am having trouble finding some good sites....just never thought I would be trying to find older homesteads etc for metal detecting lol

I sure hope you hit some great finds there! Let us know what you get on lunch break!

Sponsored Links