Some questions about gold markings

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
:help:

My wife was going thru some of her grandmothers rings (she passed a year ago) and was curious if they were real or fake gpld/gems. Theres markings on the inside of the rings, well most of them anyway. My knowledge of gold and its symbols is minimal at best so I was hoping someone here could help me out. We will probably eventually take them to a jeweler but I know from reading the threads on the forum that a lot of you know quite a bit about this stuff.. can you help me out.

14KT??( could be GF)
9 then what lokks like the letter"U" with an arrow going thru it from right to left
14KTGF
1/20 10K G.F. >M-H<
2 with no markings but look real (1 with "diamond chips" that look real

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The U with an arrow is the mark of the Uncas Manufacturing Co. In operation since 1913. In the 40's it was called "America's Largest Ring House" because they made so many costume rings.

Uncas began ops in 1911 and may still be a going concern. Your 'arrow' mark began in 1920 and was used to at least 1988. Check out your mark here:
http://www.illusionjewels.com/costumejewelrymarksu.html

OP
OP
Tony66

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
Thanks for the info Mackaydon, I knew somebody on here would have some answers. We have several more pieces and now I'll have an idea what I'm looking at when we go over them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread