Wichita Mountains

shepherd

Greenie
Apr 3, 2010
I am just getting started in the treasure hunting game. I have read the book "Oklahoma treasures and treasure tales" and have become quite fascinated if not obsessed with it.

Does anyone know about the treasure buried close (west?) of crater lake on the refuge?

I am also interested of course in the JJ buried treasure. If anyone can tell me where it is located please let me know. LOL...

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunting is prohibited in the Wichita Refuge. However, what you're talkin about is related to the 'Map of the Morning Star Gold', and maybe the infamous 'Wolf Map'. Hillbilly Bob says this is all further east along the Chisholm Trail, but I always thought it pointed to the Crater Lake area. Frank James did buy a place in Fletcher OK and reportedly scoured the Wichitas lookin for somethin. The house has been moved to that park at Cache, along with Quanah Parker's Star House and some other historical buildings from the area. Lots of history in the Wichita's, and Steve Wilson's book about Oklahoma treasures is probably the best ever put together about the state. If you want to know where the treasure is, it's over west of Crater Lake. Somewhere. Maybe. (hahahaha)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread