Anyone hunt in Southwestern Ohio?

Uglyfish

Oct 31, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, ACE 250
I just got out of the military in October so now i get to spend a lot of time hunting. I've been hitting some older homes here (the few I have permission to hunt) and have been doing pretty good. 1 merc, a barber dime, a rosey and a bunch of other stuff (old nails, toy cars, lots and lots of clad). Do any of you know any decent areas that are detector friendly? I'm thinking about hiking along the Ohio river and looking for caves. Anyhow, let me know if any of you are in the area.
Uglyfish

lesleygalaxy

Aug 23, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Hey its your friendly bartender! I cant believe I just saw your post! Once it gets warm out I cant wait to start digging around...its just so boring in winter

HOOSIERau

Jan 5, 2011
IN
I'm in Northern Indiana and would like to also hunt for caves along the Ohio as well. I'm a newbie, but would like to start th'ing.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a lot of people who detect in Ohio, we have a magazine called Ohio Metal Detecting, and there is a website for Ohio treasure hunters as well called BuckeyeTreasureHunter....if your an Ohian check em out

chico79

Mar 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLO im new to detecting and live in ashtabla county in ohio anyone els around or would like to go on a hunt somewhere feel free to email me @ [email protected] thanks

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLO im new to detecting and live in ashtabla county in ohio anyone els around or would like to go on a hunt somewhere feel free to email me @ [email protected] thanks
tn_md.gif
I noticed this is your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Ohio for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread