which pin pointer

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only one pinpointer to have - Garrett's Pro pointer (IMHO).

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
if your lookin for quality and great customer service then its the garrett pro pointer hands down. now if your lookin to just spend 20 bucks then i'd go with a harbor freight cen-tech. if your looking to get your pinpointer wet or stick your hand under water then i'd go with a vibraprobe

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry to disagree with the other responses but I guess they haven't used a Sunray Inline probe. I have 2 videos on my website http://www.mymdforum.com/video.htm showing the use of the inline probe. It is permanently connected to your detector, uses your detectors power source and display.

the top 2 videos show me finding older coins and then pinpointing them with the sunray probe.

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a comparison video that may help you in deciding. I use DetectorPro's pistol probe and think it's great but there are other good ones out there. The Sunray's performance has more to do with the detector it's connected to, for instance on a minelab it may go deeper than on a whites, afterall it's basically a small coil on a toggle switch with your detector's main coil.
HH
John

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett ProPointer

I just asked this question not long ago and I got wonderful responses.

I got my ProPointer in the mail about 8 days ago and WOW WOW I just love this thing.

best feature is the beeping gets faster and faster as you get close to the targe and it gives a solid beep when on it. This is just so fab! It keeps me from digging big holes which is great!

Absolutely no complaints with this ProPointer! :)

OP
OP
jf504mp

jf504mp

Feb 15, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Well, I watched the video and am convinced that Dirty John has the right probe for me. Not all I need to do is get some more lessons from him on detecting. Wow that was some coin he found.....John

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jf504mp said:
Well, I watched the video and am convinced that Dirty John has the right probe for me. Not all I need to do is get some more lessons from him on detecting. Wow that was some coin he found.....John

The Pistol probe looks good, but if I was to do a video favoring the Sunray and explaining it's better points, and how you don't need a 6" deep pinpointer, you might have a different opinion. For example when you use an all metal probe and there is a silver coin and a piece of junk that's in the hole, if you chase the junk you could hit the coin in the process. Would that happen often, probably not, but neither does me needing more depth than what the Sunray has. The video really didn't compare them, heck the Sunray wasn't even turned on.

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jf504mp said:
LOL! That wasn't me on the video. I found this video on youtube awhile ago and it helped me decide which one to get. I wish I had sites that old to hunt.
HH
John

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtyJohn said:
jf504mp said:
LOL! That wasn't me on the video. I found this video on youtube awhile ago and it helped me decide which one to get. I wish I had sites that old to hunt.
HH
John

Then I shouldn't have held back! :laughing7:

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
dirtyJohn said:
jf504mp said:
HH
John

Then I shouldn't have held back! :laughing7:
Yeah! Let him have it! ;D I had a sunray probe and liked it because it worked with the discrimination settings of my old detector but they don't make one for the T2 that I use now.
HH
John

Napper

Mar 8, 2010
West Sussex
Detector(s) used
spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a whites DFX and used a Garret probe, fantastic probe helped me no end to find those little bits well recommended.......However a few weeks ago I purchased a Spectra V3i and sadly (in certain programmes) I find that when on the Garret probe makes my V3i go haywire (falses).... Shame I really did like the Garret probe...

Now saving up for a Sunray Invader DX-1 to use with my V3i...

Regards Napper

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've only used the White's Bullseye (which I don't recommend) and the Sunray Inline probe. I can't imagine a pinpointer being better then the Sunray. I absolutely love it. Plus it is impossible to lose out in the woods. JMO

NJ

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am surprised no one else commented on the size of the plug/hole that guy in the video dug. My holes are only about 1/4 that size.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OutBack Duo said:
I am surprised no one else commented on the size of the plug/hole that guy in the video dug. My holes are only about 1/4 that size.

Wonder why he needs a probe that detects 6". :icon_scratch: ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread