Jefferson, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Look Stac, my man . . . I'm sorry to tell you this, but as an expert I have to tell you the truth: Your gold bar is fake. However, since I personally find it an interesting example of a forgery, I'll give you $10 for it.

If 99 out of every 100 1-ounce gold bars were fake I'd still make 40% profit. Imagine what I'd make if I actually looked at them.

No, I don't actually buy gold bars. Maybe you should; I have one right here! :icon_pirat:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Casca said:
stac said:
out on the look for gold coins and bars.its hard to tell if a gold coin or bar is pure or only a fraction of it is.Its an easy answered question.You take it to an expert to see what part of it is gold or if any of it is.So theres your answer. if you have any questions or anything. post it

Now someone correct me if Im wrong. I was told by my brother in Reno that you can actually tell where gold is from buy its make up. Most gold is not pure and has copper and stuff in it?

I've seen work being done on Musketballs were they are looking at the percentage of other metals other then lead and can tell what source the lead came from. I would assume they could do the samething with gold. Keep in mind though that other metals are usually added to make the gold a little stronger so it is not the gold straight from the mine.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions