Hypothetical Question

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
IF a fella had a treasure lead of some buried gold and researched it to where he knew where it should be and went to the place and detected and found the gold and actually captured the digging up of the gold on a nice digital camera from start to finish what do you think these treasure hunting television shows would pay for the rights to put it on tv?? :laughing7: Would it be worth having to pay the taxes on said gold and your new wealth?? :laughing7: Making money from interviews and such?? :laughing7:
Just a HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION. NVRADAR

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hypothetically speaking...

It all depends on how of this hypothetical gold you hypothetically found in this hypothetical place with your hypothetical metal detector at tomorrow's hypothetical spot price.

OP
OP
nvradar

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
I never thought of it like that!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would also depend on how much hypothetical gold was found, if the hypothetical gold was found on hypothetical private property with hypothetical owners hypothetical permission or hypothetical government owned land, and how much hypothetical court time you hypothetically want to spend to fight for your hypothetical gold......Personally I would hypothetically rather keep my hypothetical mouth shut and hypothetically enjoy spending my hypothetical gold in hypothetical anonymity... ;D

K

Kentucky Kache

The interviews might give you a rep as a treasure hunter, which might get you some jobs. By then you will have learned to keep your mouth closed. :tongue3:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only if I was willing to lose all my treasure, cause hypothetically that sure could happen.
if it is the thrill of the hunt and wanting others to know of your accomplisments then sure I would post that video out for the world to see, if it is truly the treasure you want, then I would keep my mouth shut....lol

jf504mp

Feb 15, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I would opt. to keep quiet about it. Ever read about those who hit it big in the lottery?

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very simple (hypothetically speaking) keep quiet. Enjoy the gold. Erase the video!

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XL-PRO PRO said:
Gold ? What Gold? I didn't find any Gold.I never find anything.Who told you I found Gold?

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless it was on your own property ,I would keep it quiet. People get gold fever and would want their cut weather they deserved it or not. Property owners should get 50% but that is about it.

OP
OP
nvradar

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
YIKES BATMAN!!!!! I think keep the pie hole shut is the hands down winner! :laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
ERASE THE TAPE, SMASH THE CAMERA!
ENJOY THE LOOT SLOWLY SO YOU DON'T ATTRACT ATTENTION.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Sgt Schultz on Hogan's Heros said, I know nothing, I see nothinggg......

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Sounds like "Hypothetical greediness" to me!! :-X

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
dogpound said:
i hypothetically would keep quiet :laughing7:

;D :laughing7: ;D

Hypothetically, you would have a lot of unwanted attention by a lot of people who you never even dreamed of. This would be evident by all they lawyers who would be contacting you on behalf of all the folks who feel your find belongs to them.

Ray S ECenFL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread