Do you carry a Leatherman and if so - which one?

NatorMVP

Jan 3, 2011
Fort Drum, NY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TK4-PL Tracker IV

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I had the original Leatherman with the file. Recently I lost it somewhere. ( Don't ask where because if I knew, it would not be lost) LOL

Have been going crazy looking for it. Will have to get another if I do not find it soon.

They do not make that model any more. Closest is the Kick but with no file. I miss that file.

:'(

Ray S ECenFL

hucklburry

Dec 18, 2010
For my wedding 6 years ago, I bought all my grooms men Gerber multi tools.

I bought myself the juice CS4, reason being it had the cork screw, and I knew I would need one on my honeymoon to Alaska. Packed it in my luggage, took it on the honeymoon, and still have it. I keep it in the truck, carry it some, it comes in handy.

Its a smaller unit when all closed up, but still heavy in a pocket. Its sort of a cross between the bigger ones and the smaller ones, and as such, its handy, but still bulky, if that makes sense. I probably need a belt pouch for it, but belts are dangerous for me (working around rotating equipment), so I will just keep it in the truck.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Leatherman Kick here. And I do wear suspenders :laughing7:. I miss it a lot when I have to fly somewhere and have to leave it home or get it confiscated. I use something in it everyday..........NGE

montygarlic

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2010
NW Montana
extractor said:
original Leatherman :coffee2:

Ditto, since 1992. Same tool, third holster.

I've tried some of the newer configurations, but always return to and prefer the original. It fits my hand and has become a familiar companion.

:thumbsup:
mg

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
extractor said:
original Leatherman :coffee2:

Original is called the PST... Pocket Survival Tool.

Very similar to the Kick but original has a file. Feel naked with out it. :o Looking on FleBay for
a replacement. Looked everwhere for my lost one. No idea what happened to it. The hunt continues.... ;D

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
This has been my pocket tool of choice for over a decade now:

Diggem'

Attachments

• Skipper.jpg
    Skipper.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 168

DoubleUgly

Feb 11, 2010
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
I think mine was called the Fuse. It had a sorta plastic liner and locking blades. I used it daily and it had a sacred spot on the ol' tool belt until one of the locks broke. Never got around to getting the lock fixed, even though the company's only a couple hours drive from me. Sits in the tool box now, stripping the occasional wire. :(

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I've carried the original leatherman for about 20 years or so. It is one useful tool to have when you are out and about,doing whatever. Hiking,fishing,hunting, metal detecting, or in a have to case,working. rockhound

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carried original for years as well. Sent it in to get repaired and they sent back a cheaper version saying they don't carry the originals anymore :( Went out and bought the WAVE model after that. Still miss the original type..

Brian

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I purchased a replacement Leatherman from EBay. The Fuse. Nice model. Had locking feature that I like very much. Nice.

Wife found the original one that I had lost. Fuse does not have the file but the locking feature for the tools makes up for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread