Delta Airlines!!! Again!!!

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
OK Rant mode ON!

Over the Thanksgiving holiday my army girl was coming home for the first time in 4 years for turkey day with family. At the airport in time her flight but guess what it left 30 minutes early stranding her for over 24 hours, missing Thanksgiving with the family, missing her black Friday shopping, missing several other events, the airline DELTA....

Different airport at the terminal today several hours early for her flight home for Christmas leave. She has damaged her knee and is wearing a metal knee brace, between bad check in and security that screwed around excessivley, and again her flight left 30 minutes early guess what... She is currently stranded at the airport trying to get a flight home.....

So thanks Delta for (no I will not use the adjectives I want to, but feel free to use your imagination of what I would like to say) ROYALLY MESSING UP MY DAUGHTER LEAVE AGAIN, robing her of her time home with family and friends, leave time, would not get her a wheel chair to help her to her flight, would not call and tell them to hold, and then left early....

Yeah I have a bucket load of 4 letter adjectives I could express about how I feel now!!!

Feel free to pass this on!!!

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your daughters "leave?" I assume she is in the military? I would write a strongly worked letter or e mail to Delta. It seems to me the airlines have really gone down hill in the last few years. I thak you and your daughter for all of your sacrifices. Semper Fi.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Sorry to hear of your daughters bad experiences. I have never heard of a flight leaving 30 minutes BEFORE the scheduled departure time. Twice no less. Wow. That is a new one on me. I thought the flight was suppose to leave at the scheduled departure time. Did the airline give any reason for the early departure time?

Ray S ECenFL

OP
OP
S

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Over the years I have both benefited by early departures, and nearly stung by them. Leaving 10-20 minutes early is more common but 30 not unheard of, happens than most realize.
Delta for one has a real bad rep for over booking, and once full, will slam the doors and get in the Q early if possible, especially during the holidays.
Landing in a rather large airport such as Huston with close connecting flights, getting in early can be a boon, or arriving late and your connection leaving early all on the opposite end of the terminal ugh what a marathon.... I am surprised I have never been stopped going at a dead run from one end to the other. But on mutiple occasions got there just as they were closing the door EARLY!!!

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sheldon, that just sucks all the way around! In spite of all the difficulties, I want to wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas and thank your daughter for her service!!

OP
OP
S

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
more fun her back up flight to the backup flight was canceled due to mechanical difficulties, but the good news is she will be here (Grand Rapids) at midnight, bad is not her luggage which will be at a different airport tomorrow morning.... good thing I enjoy driving..

One huge kudos and thank you though to the Denver USO, they have been great to her during her stay at the airport!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread