Back in the saddle ...Continued

db1guy

Greenie
Dec 24, 2010
Hey we thank you for the welcome and hope evryone has a safe party tonight wherever you go.. designated drivers ya know.. do the right thing! Today Im going to the woods behind us, last summer one of the kids found a 64 Kennedy half at woods edge. Wouldnt be particularly interesting except, years ago his mom was finding silver coins in the same place in the 70s. Thats a bit different.The young fella was happy to show me the spot and I have an unusually warm winter day to go out in the woods to hunt treasure,, friends you know it doesnt get any better than this, the treasure hunt is on. I will let you in on it, whether or not I find anything, the thrill is in the hunt for me..silver would be sweet icing on that cake.. using my ellrods, to locate the analomies, then return with my detectors. Onward thru the fog!

OP
OP
D

db1guy

Greenie
Dec 24, 2010
Today gave me only an hour to hunt the woods, I was trying to get feel for what I was hunting.In fact many silver coins were found one at a time , and no "source". Was this a trail of loot from a burglary, a misers stash or private cache? Because the woods is adjacent to town,and provides good cover and hidden access day or night, my guess is burglary. A few problems are still unsolved. Before I make any search or recovery , I need to know who owns the land, I think its railroad property,due to the proximity of an old fence line.This is where I think any thing could be hidden quickly, and marked somehow, for fast return and recovery.There are many positive clues,and a good response from some hastily made ellrods, just cut from a coat hanger, on more than one old tree stump, and around the larger rocks among the landscape features.The area is small, and I smell treasure.Without proper permission, the risks are obvious for anyone to just jump in with a shovel,and this would be many folks first response at the hope of getting some good coin of the realm.I defer to better judgement, derived from many years of experience.Now I decide my next move.What would you do?

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
I've always thought if it's big corp. land or city owned, and it's not a well manicured area, and theres no no tresspassing signs then go for it! But that's just me, if your gut say's "I will get in trouble if I detect here" then get permission! Nothing worse than detecting on property you are not sure about. To me detecting is suppose to be a relaxing hobby and it's no fun if you have to worry about where you're hunting at!! Good Luck!! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread