carvings on beechtrees and rock carvings

jugtavern

Dec 31, 2010
While walking a small river close to my farm I came across two huge beech trees with carvings around them. I followed the signs up the creek to a large tree that had been bent over many years ago and then followed that point to a carving of a snake with its mouth open then to a very large rock with three figures carved into it. The owner of the rock said,after I mentioned a friend of mine from the University would be interested, his children did the carvings but they look a lot older then his children. More like pictor graphs. similar to stick figures. This creek and another come together just below the two large beechtrees to form a small river that runs into a large river. One of the last battles of the Civil War was fought along this river and the Union Troops that were caught just above the bridge were looted of their belongings. A lot of minnie balls have been found here along with other items of war and personal things. I believe the snake carving with the open mouth is a sign of a cave close by. I have yet to decifer the large beech trees as poison ivey has grown around and up them. The stick figues are yet to be figured out. I did find a quartz arrowhead at the point where the two creeks come together. No pictures,as yet, available. But hope to post some in the future.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread