Looking for coin and tools bag

jf504mp

Feb 15, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I recently purchased a new digging tool. It has a 2" X 7" blade. I also bought a PistolProbe. It is larger than I thought it would be. I think it is going to serve me well tho.
Now I just need a good tool bag to carry them in. The digging tool came with a holster but I suspect that in a short time it will be wore out.

Any suggestions about what to get and where to get it???

Thanks all in advance...John

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the past 3 seasons I've been using one of my "worn-out" camera satchels which has worked
really well for those long, all-day hunts. . . it has lots of room for all the recovered trash plus, it
has enough pockets for tools, treasure, water, etc.

However, a couple of weeks ago when I was at Dick's Sporting Goods, I saw a shotgun shell bag
that would be great for those "spur-of-the-moment" hunts when you don't carry a lot of gear.
It's made by "Allen" and can be had for about $15. It measures 8"W x 7.5"H x 3"D and has an
inside divided pocket. The only modification I made was the addition of the two snaps in front
for securing the first pocket. I haven't tried it out yet but I think it should work fine.

Good luck & HH!

allen.jpg

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Try a Fly Fishing waiste coat :P you wil get everything in that for detecting :icon_thumleft:

SS

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

Try a Fly Fishing waiste coat :P you wil get everything in that for detecting :icon_thumleft:

SS

Are they done by J.R. Hartley :laughing7:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to any hunting supply store they should have some nice belt type products with pouches with snaps..hope that helps..

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have got the solution. First of all, I recommend making your own trash pouch. I use a poly bag and Caribeaners to attach to my belt loops for easy removal. I wear a simple fly fishing vest for finds and simple field tools. I use the Pistol Probe exclusively, and you are right, the holster wears in a matter of months. I have gotten a patent on a holster constructed of good leather and quality belt hook for mine. I am always in the woods and I hunt hard. My holster shows no signs of falling apart any time soon. You could probably have one fashioned by a leather crafter or buy one from me.
Below is a picture of mine.

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 186
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 183

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woodlands what are you asking for your holster? Pretty nice looking?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions