Ground Balanced MXT ?

ConfederateGold

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2008
When trying to balance my MXT before it got super cold, it seemed to pick up a target(in my yard) no mater where I moved to balance the machine. Still using the standard coil and switching to a 6by9 DD in the Spring and just don't want to be wondering on my first hunt of 2011 if its balanced or not. Still a big time newbie at this, as I've only hunted maybe 4 times. Anyway how do you tell for sure if the MXT is ground balanced or not. Thanks Robert. [email protected]

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
After ground balancing, hold the coil waist high out in front of you. Pull the pinpoint trigger and slowly lower the coil to the ground. If the threshold remains constant or rises just a little bit then it is ground balanced. Be sure your not lowering it over a target.

OP
OP
C

ConfederateGold

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2008
Tin Nugget said:
After ground balancing, hold the coil waist high out in front of you. Pull the pinpoint trigger and slowly lower the coil to the ground. If the threshold remains constant or rises just a little bit then it is ground balanced. Be sure your not lowering it over a target.
Thanks for the info. I'll do it that way . Hopefully I can find a spot that the MXT wont read some kind of target. That was one my problems, no matter where i tried to balance it , it would read a target below the coil. Anyway I'll give it a try come spring.

Cable

Dec 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
mxt, dfx, gmt,f75ltd, f5, gold bug, bhid
Remember that this is an auto ground balance, so it will keep you in balance as you work along. Unless you hit a big hot rock---then you might want to check it after a few swings --just to make sure that it did the auto balance right away.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go in to prospect mode and watch the ground numbers wy'll you pump the ground..you will see the number change and then stop don't put it to lock and sweep the ground for a wy'll and the number should n't change that much then lock it in all the way ...unlock your ground track and detect and it will self balance it's self if the ground did change a lot I mean from the 80 to the 60...up in the Huron mountains the ground goes the 80's in too the20's in about 4 steps and if the tracking is locked it's not going to self adjust that much.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions