🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DirtfisherGabe

Nov 28, 2008
Knoxville , TN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Spectrum XLT
Shoot! I saw that was on, went to the channel, and then it went off... the show was over. I could've used a laugh like that. Too funny!

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
diggummup said:
Yeah that guy was a joke.
On a side note, my brother in law was on the show last night too. He was the guy that had the Tiffany Favrile Pea Pod Vase value $5-7k. Here is a thread I posted about it last summer-
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,333140.0.html

I have always been curious about their estimates, did your brother-in-law get close to what they said it was worth? If he sold it that is or if he doesn't want you say I understand that too. I just always thought it would be hard to find a buyer at some of the prices they quote folks.

Charlie

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
savant365 said:
diggummup said:
Yeah that guy was a joke.
On a side note, my brother in law was on the show last night too. He was the guy that had the Tiffany Favrile Pea Pod Vase value $5-7k. Here is a thread I posted about it last summer-
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,333140.0.html

I have always been curious about their estimates, did your brother-in-law get close to what they said it was worth? If he sold it that is or if he doesn't want you say I understand that too. I just always thought it would be hard to find a buyer at some of the prices they quote folks.

Charlie
No he hasn't sold it. He collects American art pottery so he is holding on to it. I believe they base their estimates on past sales from major auction houses, whenever possible that is.

kgt12

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2010
Pittsfield, Ma.
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Saw the show, wasn't paying attention I guess, I missed it.
Good for your Brother in law, thats was cool.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw on TV where a bird in the hand was still at least two in the bush! :hello2: Monty

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You guys crack me up. Everyone knows that to get optimum balance and performance from an Ace 250 at the beach you have to turn the coil around backwards. Professional MD'ers you call yourselves... Pfftt.. ::)

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RW said:
You guys crack me up. Everyone knows that to get optimum balance and performance from an Ace 250 at the beach you have to turn the coil around backwards. Professional MD'ers you call yourselves... Pfftt.. ::)

That was supposed to be a secret. Only those who read the manual in the mirror while playing the instructional video backwards would have known that. ; )

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Monty said:
I just saw on TV where a bird in the hand was still at least two in the bush! :hello2: Monty

That's a good one . But I like the woodchucks chucking wood and my buddy USMC ex-drill instructor R. Lee Ermy ripping that bozzo a new one :laughing7:

Bulldog1948

Jan 2, 2011
SE Ohio
Detector(s) used
GC 1036- Gold Digger
At least it was better than the "Treasure Hunters Roadshow" I went last week. It was cold outside when I got there. I sat for almost 3 freakin hours waiting to talk to some young dude. All they [ he] did was play an end around ebay game with me and all the others there. I saw very few folks who actually sold any of the good antique goodies. And, it was snowing like cray when I left and I had to drive home after dark- which I hate especially when it's snowing hard. Might as well have stayed home and played on my putor.
Bulldog1948

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love this forum

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread