anyone else sick of the cold and snow????

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
In November we drove 1500 miles south from NH to the gulf coast of Alabama to get away from the cold for the Winter. Tonight in Alabama we have hard freeze warnings & the lows are expected to be in the 20s. It must be that "global warming" I keep hearing about. At least it's not snowing....

OP
OP
PAPPYGOL

PAPPYGOL

May 15, 2008
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
grand master hunter cx2 ,,. , fisher 1235x 1236x2, 2 coin computers, garrett freedom 3.
oh, its snowing here in ohio. and supposed to really get a big one. oh boy. more misery :'( :'( :'(

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we're all Getting Record lows this year.

If not record Cold,
Record # of days
below Freezing .
Last 2 months we have had Below Normal temps alot
more them above Normal
& only remember 2 days where the weather man said it was Normal.

Woke up to 10 Degrees this Morning
Snowing Heavy now & 25
the High today was 30.
Monday will be the next day they are expecting
us to get up to 30 again.
20's & Teens till then

OP
OP
PAPPYGOL

PAPPYGOL

May 15, 2008
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
grand master hunter cx2 ,,. , fisher 1235x 1236x2, 2 coin computers, garrett freedom 3.
i know how you feel jeff, about a carbon copy of our weather. i cant remember the last time it stayed this cold this long. usually get a nice day now and then,im really looking forward to spring and that wet, conductive, soggy ground

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's 15 below right now. Not snowing at least. I will be able to seriously detect here about the middle of May, as usual. We will probably have a total of about 13 ft. of snow between now and then; maybe more this year. I should be jumping up and down and screaming what sissies y'all are, but you won't hear that from me. We have the manpower and equipment to maintain our snow. Coincidentally, it's a ski resort area so the snow helps out. Most of our water pipes are buried about 4 ft. You folks aren't equipped to handle heavy snow and have no reason to be. The bright side is it's snow and not an ice storm. Don't drive anywhere unless you need to, and if you do prepare as if you might have to spend the night in a snow drift. Be sure all your outside faucets are insulated and drain any water lines not in use. Check the antifreeze in the car and have plenty of washer fluid. I can tell you this about cold--when it gets down to 0, 30 below doesn't really feel much different. And that's without wind chill. I really hope y'all stay safe and spring comes quick for you.

NatorMVP

Jan 3, 2011
Fort Drum, NY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TK4-PL Tracker IV
Being up here in upstate NY is driving me nuts. I got my detector for Xmas and aside from doing a few tests by throwing coins into the snow and looking for them to learn my detector's tones and discrimination settings. At least i should have a good idea about what's junk and what isn't when the ground thaws.

I'm hoping to go visit some friends in Georgia soon so maybe I'll try looking around down there.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey NatorMVP, if you been practicin findin coins in the snow, put an ad in the local paper lettin folks know you can find things lost in snow in parking lots, etc. Charge them what you will. I don't advertise, but I do get a few calls, mainly when somebody loses a ring or one of my drunk friends drops his keys in 12 inches of snow 'somewhere right about here'. Might be a good little business.

OP
OP
PAPPYGOL

PAPPYGOL

May 15, 2008
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
hey nator.! i dont think georgia is much better right now

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Ct. Woke up to 2 degrees yesterday and to 16-18" of snow today (so far).

Come on :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it's one or the other. Folks complain about the heat too. :coffee2:

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
so far in my area we've dodged the bullet and only had about 9" of snow all year so far (just got 4" last nite). last year we had much more snow totals but this year feels much colder.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny thing is that winter just started, so you have more to look forward to :laughing7:

3 storms here already in the past 3 weeks
1st storm dumped 30-32"
2nd only a flurry 5-6"
Today's 10-13" ? I'm not going out to measure it either :tongue3:

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
Snow replenishes ground water better than a rain in that it usually has time to sink in before running off. Now with that said, I am ready for a nice warm spring rain. Let's see those first crocus pop up.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: At least my dog loves it. It's just started here in Maine a couple of hours ago and I've plowed the driveway twice already.

Attachments

• IMG_8724.JPG
    IMG_8724.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_8729.JPG
    IMG_8729.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 207

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're having our first really cold snap here in Oklahoma. A dusting of snow and it got down to 7 here this morning. Global warming no doubt? It is forecast to get down in the single digits or teens the rest of the week. I wish you Canadians would close the barn door! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread