The Best Metal Detector

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
THERE IS NO BEST METAL DETECTOR!
Metal detector choices are driven by actual usage and personal biases towards visual design!

HotTexas

Jul 11, 2007
I Myself have the Ace 350, but if your talking the best all round detector, I would have to say the AT Pro

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
The best detector is the one you use the most, and the one you learn to use to the best of it's and your abilities. I have hunted with guys who owned low end detectors, but could find 10 times as many coins as someone who owned a high end, all the whistles and bells machine, but couldn't get a handle on it completely.Some high end machines require months and even years to get proficient with.Some have that steep of a learning curve, even with a TID display. Happy Hunting. rockhound

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn said:
THERE IS NO BEST METAL DETECTOR!
Metal detector choices are driven by actual usage and personal biases towards visual design!

Agree. And alot to do with the experience, knowledge and ambitions of the user ::) You can take a cheaper detector with a knowledgeable user and find . You can take an expensive machine and a novice user and not find as much

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5900 Di Pro :notworthy:

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
rockhound said:
The best detector is the one you use the most, and the one you learn to use to the best of it's and your abilities. I have hunted with guys who owned low end detectors, but could find 10 times as many coins as someone who owned a high end, all the whistles and bells machine, but couldn't get a handle on it completely.Some high end machines require months and even years to get proficient with.Some have that steep of a learning curve, even with a TID display. Happy Hunting. rockhound

Ditto on that!
-Swartzie

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Jetco Mustang!! Your kidding ofcourse?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Keeps it all simple? how about a Spanish dip needle? LOL

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best all around - AT Pro.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rockhound said:

+1. Well said!

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn said:
Keeps it all simple? how about a Spanish dip needle? LOL

You are just full of good stuff, Frankn! I had to Google "Spanish dip needle" to find what you were talking about!! Another thing learned from this great forum!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capt_Jack said:
Ok People,,,there Has Been A Lot Of Hipe about Who Makes The Best Metal Detector, Now Let's Take A poll And See Who Does Make's The Best Detector! I mean an all around,relic,coins,etc, and i do mean best of the best,,,,,,,Myself i have a garrett 350

Detectors are like golf clubs, there is no one do it all detector, you wouldn't tee-off with a putter, or putt with a driver. Water hunting is a major part of detecting for many of us, yet percentage wise waterproof detectors are a small percentage of detectors made. Since all waterproof detectors can be used on land to hunt relic, coin etc, but land detectors can't be used in the water pass a few inches....See where this is leading.... I could say that rules out all land detectors in your poll, except, as I said, there is no one do it all detector. ;D

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
illinidigger said:
The one with it's coil over the target!

You might want to add "....and provides a good signal." ;D

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For Tot Lots/Sand Boxes: Tesoro Conquistador.
For Compitition Hunting: Tesoro Conquistador, Fisher 1235X.
Deep Silver Coins/Park Hunting: Minelab Explorer, Fisher CZ's. (the older Fisher analog machines)
Water Hunting: Fisher CZ20,21, Fisher 1280X, Minelab Excal.
Probe: Garrett Pro Pointer, Uniprobe Pocket Probe.

Mar 3, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70 , Ace 250
There is no best if you do not get out in the field as offten as possible & do not know your machine it is worthless regardless how much it costs :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions