My Sincere Apologies

bpd138

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2011
As some of you know I purchased a Minelab X-Yerra 505 on January 11th. Upon it's arrival the skies opened up and dumped two feet of snow on us. Mother nature has seen fit to continue this theme since my purchase. I have not been able to get out and test or play with it since it's arrival.

For this reason I want to extend my sincere apologies to everyone who lives in New England. You can expect an extremely wet spring with floods and mud everywhere. Also expect the summer to be the hottest on record making the ground so hard you will need a jackhammer to get to your treasures.

As much as I don't want to, just say the word and I will sell my metal detector and give up my new found hobby.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies for this ungodly weather.

Willie

Kayaker

Dec 27, 2010
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Ah, so YOU'RE the one! :'( Here I thought it was my first detector that my wife got me for Christmas... but the weather problems definitely line up more with your purchase... and my gift was just a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and your Minelab X-Terra 505 would certainly disrupt the cosmos more! Apology accepted... I suppose. :laughing7:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like the average meteorologist.......... :laughing7: always wasting our time telling us it's going to do one thing than does something else ::) Sorry to hear that. Good luck when spring does reach you up there. And Welcome to the NET :icon_sunny:

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
Part of being a true treasure hunter is to not think doom and gloom. Thinking this way will significantly reduce your success. When I go hunting, weather it be metal detecting or for points I'm in the right frame of mind. Everyone's "frame of mind" is different. I've also found that if I surround myself with others that have similar thoughts my trip is enjoyable weather or not I have a successful trip.

This forum and the Net in general are perfect venues for doing research when Hobbyman can't get out due to weather

Over time(e.x. if you stick with it), you'll attain more treasure hunting tools that will allow you go just about anytime.

Someone on here sells weather related covers for your machine.

Newt

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, its your fault. And here I've been blaming my bad luck all along. :laughing7:

OP
OP
B

bpd138

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2011
It would seem that only Kayaker shares my sense of humor. I'm not all doom and gloom and I look forward to getting out and doing some detecting (weather permitting) lately, I have spent more time glued to this computer reading everything I can about metal detecting and researching places I plan to explore. I'm as anxious as anyone to get out but the reality is a frozen ground with two feet of snow on top makes it all but impossible to do any detecting. I was just trying to inject a little levity into our situation up here.

Anyway, sorry if I offended anyone.

Willie

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bpd138 said:
It would seem that only Kayaker shares my sense of humor. I'm not all doom and gloom and I look forward to getting out and doing some detecting (weather permitting) lately, I have spent more time glued to this computer reading everything I can about metal detecting and researching places I plan to explore. I'm as anxious as anyone to get out but the reality is a frozen ground with two feet of snow on top makes it all but impossible to do any detecting. I was just trying to inject a little levity into our situation up here.

Willie

Willy, I,m sure you didn't offend anyone on here, I'm sure. We all have fun on here from time to time poking at certain members but I can assure you if this does happen they get BANNED :o

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bpd138 said:

Willie

:icon_scratch:

I didn't see anyone offended, joking around a bit.

I'll tell ya what does offend me. Over 2 feet of heavy wet snow out my window with another 10" coming Friday. :'(

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DigginThePast said:
bpd138 said:

Willie

I'll tell ya what does offend me. Over 2 feet of heavy wet snow out my window with another 10" coming Friday. :'(

Lucky you. What we had is almost gone. Maybe 1-2 inches tonight and that's it. You luckey East coasters get them darn Nor easters all of the time >:(

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
DigginThePast said:
bpd138 said:

Willie

Lucky you. What we had is almost gone. Maybe 1-2 inches tonight and that's it. You luckey East coasters get them darn Nor easters all of the time >:(

Been a long time since I've seen a winter like this one. I don't really mind the snow, if I did I would move, but its been one hammering storm after another. It gets old real quick when you're shoveling a path and the banks are so high that the snow you tossed on the bank rolls back down into the path.

What blows my mind is the inconsistency of some of these storms. The big one we got last week dumped 20" at my place, a buddy of mine that is about a mile away got 30". :dontknow:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Y'all seem to be in my boat >:(. I got a brand new Etrac, just before my mom passed away and between her funeral and the weather gods, I have been starin' at it just sitting there cryin' to go out and play, then my sis in law passed last week, and I still have no time, and now we're supposed to get more snow and ice. Oh well, I think I'll just take that long winters nap that I have been putting off so long now.......NGE

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
notgittinenny said:
Y'all seem to be in my boat >:(. I got a brand new Etrac, just before my mom passed away and between her funeral and the weather gods, I have been starin' at it just sitting there cryin' to go out and play, then my sis in law passed last week, and I still have no time, and now we're supposed to get more snow and ice. Oh well, I think I'll just take that long winters nap that I have been putting off so long now.......NGE

Sorry for your bad luck. Hang in there spring is on the way.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang! I've been wondering who was causing all this lousy weather. So it's you!? Apology accepted. Monty

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
I wasn't offended at all. If this was meant towards me.
The lack of shouting and bold letters led me to believe you were serious.
Good luck after say tommorow the 2nd of February's Ice storm.
Get out the Goretex and ice pick,
Newt

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Wednesday it was 75 degrees, this Wednesday it is 3 degrees! What the heck is going on? Monty

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
All i know is as soon as the snow melts,ill be out in the woods detecting..
I was detecting up until a few weeks ago..
You can detect year round in the woods in New England you know..It never freezes..

Blaze...

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am willing to make the supreme sacrifice by taking your detector thus saving you from the evil thoughts being sent your way. :laughing7:

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Man oh man what i wouldnt give to see some fresh dirt..
Total ice age around here right now. :(

Blaze...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread