Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one handy but I always forget to take something and it is usually my darn camera! But I've never forgot my detector yet! M ::) nty

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro
I try to bring my camera, but sometimes I forgets. Thems the days I hit something good......

DoubleUgly

Feb 11, 2010
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
My Motorola phone has a nice camera in it. I can't carry my "real" camera, cause it's a 20lb all aluminum beast!

Mamiya-Sekor DTL 1000, 35mm, 5 lenses, dual flash setup, tripod, etc. I do a lot of semi-pro photography. :icon_thumright:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been taking My camera along the last few hunts only because of the following reason!!!!

Sorry about the pic But My camera is having Issues!!! after the tumble down 2 flights of stairs and the Quick dunking in the Columbia river it only works once in awhile!!!! lol I really Miss detecting I'm driving red crazy!!! She said Why don't you just take your Pinpointer out and Play with That!!!! I thought about it

Red is going to let Me buy A new camera for hunting and of course one for Her at Home Chug YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chug and Red said:
I have been taking My camera along the last few hunts only because of the following reason!!!!

Sorry about the pic But My camera is having Issues!!! after the tumble down 2 flights of stairs and the Quick dunking in the Columbia river it only works once in awhile!!!! lol I really Miss detecting I'm driving red crazy!!! She said Why don't you just take your Pinpointer out and Play with That!!!! I thought about it

Red is going to let Me buy A new camera for hunting and of course one for Her at Home Chug YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LOL I've been threatening to get Chug a camera for kids, one I think Playschool makes, it can be dropped and everything, should be safe for Chug to use!!!! :laughing9: Red

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check out the Kodak Play Sport~!! This little pocket gem takes 5 mp stills and a variety of video formats up to 1080p HD with Electronic Image Stabilization! A little 8 G SD card is good for 2.5 hrs of video or a crap load of pictures. It is waterproof to 10 ft., you can take underwater movies!! It is the size of a small cellphone and works great. I got a small Gorillapod to go with mine, it really comes in handy. A Li-ion battery provides a full day's operation and then some. It comes with a floating wrist band and all the cables to download, upload, show on a tv or any device with USB or HDMI. This is one really cool little camera!

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
I don't for a few reasons.
1) It's not water proof
2) It goes along with the deer hunting where you forget your knife or your zip tie for your deer tag and you get a buck
but when you have the above cam,knife or zip tie and you don't tag anything.lol
3) I normaly hunt the water by myself and don't really like to leave anything out. last year I left my cooler out with my wallet,cell,car keys and copenhagen snuff I was watching it dang near the whole time except when to scoop a target.I went in to take a break and have a snuff and low and behold it was gone nothing else just my snuff :angry5: :angry4: luckly it wasn't a full tin.
So I leave that kind of stuff at home.
HH-drewan

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I do not take a camera along with me. I have enough of stuff to remember. Plus I have a hard enough time with the one my wife has after I get home to post my pics......Matt

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always keep a camera in my truck. It's an Olympus point and shoot that is dust, shock and waterproof. The times I do carry it in the field I never find anything worthwhile. I think I will let my huntin' buddy start totin' it! :sign13:

Tested

Apr 20, 2007
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX/5900Di Pro
My cellphone has a 8 megapix camera and I always have it with me.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
By all means ,photograph everything, the IRS loves the evidence and send the cell phone pictures to friends, NSA loves to see them too. Oh and if you are a relic hunter the Arahies want a copy!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Is that first hand knowledge? LOL

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn said:
By all means ,photograph everything, the IRS loves the evidence and send the cell phone pictures to friends, NSA loves to see them too. Oh and if you are a relic hunter the Arahies want a copy!

Can you say, "Big Brother?" ;D :help:

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
I have a big mongo super-zoom camera, but for hunts, I take a little
pocket camera that cost under $100. Even at that price it's got video
on the camera.

I use photos and videos to make YouTube instructional videos and
post pictures to my club web page.

You have to start at the end: What do you plan to do with the pictures?
If you don't have a purpose for the snapshots, then no need to take a camera.

My 2-cents anyway. :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread