brownstown hunter

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2012
jackson co. IN
Detector(s) used
whites coin master pro, garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i bought a coin master pro as my first detector had it three weeks and went back and got the garrett at pro best thing i could have done

cahil_2

Apr 27, 2012
West. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab e-trac,
Garrett Pro pointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator 31 Digger, Minelab pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my son bought a coinmaster pro and just had to get used to it. He has been having good luck and getting depth. He would like a better one, but is satisfied with his.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
What happens with these new Coinmaster & Prizm units is, at least in my soil, the ID bounces around alot, but mostly in 2 adjacent IDs, & the IDs go lower when coins are deeper. So if everything below zinc is rejected, a 5" deep dime might be silent. Some of the more expensive White's locked onto 4" deep dimes, & on rare occasions, deeper. I got an ID lock on 4" deep dime on Ace 250. But what really impressed me was the Garrett AT Pro locking onto dime range & it really was a dime, and 7" deep in somewhat mineralized & very dry ground, in a park hunted 100s of times. Best wishes, George (MN)

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
I'm picking up a coinmaster today for $110. I know they aren't the best but I figured why not for that price. Will make for a good backup/extra detector just in case. Local guy who has used his twice is getting rid of his.

DeadElvis

Apr 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm picking up a coinmaster today for $110. I know they aren't the best but I figured why not for that price. Will make for a good backup/extra detector just in case. Local guy who has used his twice is getting rid of his.

I use a Coinmaster (not even the pro) and so far I've been happy with it. For $110 I don't think you can go wrong even if you are just buying it for a backup or buddy machine.

I find that target ID does bounce around sometimes, depending on depth. A squashed aluminum can anywhere below 2-3" will show up as a half-dollar. Quarters seem to ID ok. Copper pennies ID very well at varied depths, and it usually tells the truth about zinc pennies.

Oh, and pulltabs tend to show as nickels. God I hate pulltabs.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I got one. And it works OK, but still must be used with a pinpointer.

Only gripe I have is that it maybe is too sensitive. I'm getting tired of digging the metal band on the ends of pencils.<sigh>

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
I took mine out in the yard just a short while ago to just give it a quick test with a penny. I was pretty impressed by it. Ive been using a Tejon the past 4 years so it was nice to see an actual display. I may run it side by side with my Tejon in the backyard in the coming days. I live on what used to be a Civil War battlefield, and have found a few bullets over the past few years, but mainly just construction debris. I'll be interested to see how the 'junk' registers on the Coinmaster.

DeadElvis

Apr 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took mine out in the yard just a short while ago to just give it a quick test with a penny. I was pretty impressed by it. Ive been using a Tejon the past 4 years so it was nice to see an actual display. I may run it side by side with my Tejon in the backyard in the coming days. I live on what used to be a Civil War battlefield, and have found a few bullets over the past few years, but mainly just construction debris. I'll be interested to see how the 'junk' registers on the Coinmaster.

I dig any target that dings reliably in a criss-cross pattern. The Coinmaster is not a bad machine, but it is what it is. It does discriminate, sometimes well, other times not so much but it WILL put you on targets. I've dug a lot of junk, and after seeing someone use a Garrett pinpointer, I'd say the pinpointer is a must. I can't imagine using even 4-digit (price wise) detector without that pinpointer.

My luck is that most of my targets have been junk. Even the most expensive detector would have burped at them, and I would most likely still have dug them. It's all fun and that's what it's about, right? :)

DE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread