mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I can not help you as I have never been lucky enough to hunt in TN, NC, WV, VI Or PA for civil war relics. It is on my list for one of these day to do. If and when I get the chance to hunt in one of these places I have the Whites DFX and that has a relic mode so I hope that is good enough.......Matt

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do your self a favor and just go out and pick up a E-Trac. You won't have any problem.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been told the machines to beat are the Minelab GPX series. But at over $4,000.00 each, not many people have them. The ones that do, are finding amazing thins with them. I just bought the GPX 5000. I'll be trying it in VA in less than 2 weeks.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am learning my Etrac, but my xlt has been very good here and I hear the mxt is one of the best relic detectors in this area,, bring the one you like best, good luck to ya and rebalance every now and then.

OP
OP
C

Cable

Dec 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
mxt, dfx, gmt,f75ltd, f5, gold bug, bhid
Thank you fellas for your help--it has been a help. I watched a bunch of videos last night taken from around Culpepper. I was really trying to see what being used for detectors. They have these big relic hunts---100 people or so on about 1000 acres. I saw a great deal of MXT, XLT, F75 and some PI of differing makes. The place I am going to has never been hunted before and I am getting really stoked about going. Thanks again it is appreciated----Cable

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread