Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smudge said:
The only thing with Kellyco is make sure to ask them if the detector is in stock and not on back order.

That happens sometimes and they don't always get their back orders from the manufacturer when they're supposed to.

Which can lead to a really long wait.

This USED to be an issue. Currently we have added probably a million dollars in inventory to keep this from happening. OCCASIONALLY we have an item on back order but as of now it would be something like the Garrett Headphone adapter which is still in production. We are working daily on this issue. Let me know if you have anything like this happen in the future.

Additionally we instituted a new policy last month that if an item IS on backorder, our shipping/sales department is to first contact the manufacturer to see if the item can be drop shipped directly to you! Can't always...but we TRY!

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi KellycoChick.

That is great to hear.

But how about Kellyco instituting a policy where if a detector is not in inventory the buyer is advised of this before he/she places their order?

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I didn't have any issues using kellyco for my orders - my first order was placed on a Sunday, and delivered by Thursday - FLA to north eastern Pa- I ordered a detector and it was here quick, about the same time frame, and then a sand scoop. the only issue that bugged me was having to have them apply the $5 certificate since the web page wouldn't give me the discount once the total was added- but a quick call fixed that the last time I ordered a harness from them...over all they are a good respectable company -and as far as backordered products go I'm sure it's not always going to be in their control. if they have one item left in the warehouse and someone places an order right before you do it would look like the items still in stock. it happens, adding a lot of products in stock might be really helpful in keeping that from happening often. ...but hey no one is perfect, at least they are trying... :tongue3:

I can give you the top things that won't keep me as a customer... 1. don't return my calls 2. don't give me an answer when I ask where's my stuff 3. don't take care of me if it's broke out of the box 4. don't have a real person (or not from this country) that i can talk to when I call with questions 5. overcharge me for something (with internet access I'll find out sooner or later that your prices aren't fair..)

this was part of the reason I returned a bounty hunter- they were ok with taking my money, just not with taking care of me once it broke...(no offense to people who have good luck with them- I just didn't find their support backing of their broken product..)

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mfitzy111 said:
I didn't have any issues using kellyco for my orders - my first order was placed on a Sunday, and delivered by Thursday - FLA to north eastern Pa- I ordered a detector and it was here quick, about the same time frame, and then a sand scoop. the only issue that bugged me was having to have them apply the $5 certificate since the web page wouldn't give me the discount once the total was added- but a quick call fixed that the last time I ordered a harness from them...over all they are a good respectable company -and as far as backordered products go I'm sure it's not always going to be in their control. if they have one item left in the warehouse and someone places an order right before you do it would look like the items still in stock. it happens, adding a lot of products in stock might be really helpful in keeping that from happening often. ...but hey no one is perfect, at least they are trying... :tongue3:

I can give you the top things that won't keep me as a customer... 1. don't return my calls 2. don't give me an answer when I ask where's my stuff 3. don't take care of me if it's broke out of the box 4. don't have a real person (or not from this country) that i can talk to when I call with questions 5. overcharge me for something (with internet access I'll find out sooner or later that your prices aren't fair..)

this was part of the reason I returned a bounty hunter- they were ok with taking my money, just not with taking care of me once it broke...(no offense to people who have good luck with them- I just didn't find their support backing of their broken product..)

Really appreciate the time you took to write that. TODAY you will find a Kellyco that truly cares about each customer. As situations arise we find solutions. One at a time. We are responsive and fast. Perfect? No way LOL...but as I said before each time something comes up and Dan or I can fix it we then go to the department or person and work with them on how to best handle that situation in the future.

You are correct on what you said about back orders. Most of the time we have enough and then for some reason have a run on them. We might have a shipment coming in 24 hours later and we ship as soon as it does. It takes a lot to "re-program" the website for just a little bit of time. Now, if we thought it was a long wait, and it was in our scope of attention we would take steps to reflect this. TODAY it's really fairly rare. But again, if any of you have a situation like that don't hesitate to ping me and make me aware of it. Being out here on the forums is about 5% of what I do at Kellyco and it's a HUGE "mirror" for us to be able to see what the world is seeing and correct issues as fast as possible!

AND I love love love your suggestions! That's how the free shipping to APO/FPO Military personnel came about. Someone brought it up on the Forum and got my wheels turning. Dan had thought of it several years ago and had begun discussing ideas with Stu at that time. Because of Forum input we were able to finally break ground and come up with a killer solution. So what you tell us DOES work. We are here for you. We are here for this awesome hobby! So BRING IT!

Del Digger

Mar 22, 2006
Wilmington, DE
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett GTAX400, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have bought 2 detectors and a couple of accessories and have had a great experience with Kellyco. Shipping took about 5 days or so. I'll continue to be a customer.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Takes about a week for me to receive from them. I have never had a problem with them. I do buy from my local dealer first and if he doesnt have it I get it from kellyco.

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love Kellyco :notworthy:

leatherneck

Apr 20, 2009
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug DP
I ordered once and got it in 5 days and no problems. Have also talked to them on the phone and had a very pleasent conversation and learned a lot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions