NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may have heard about the new VA hospital that's being built here in New Orleans, what you might not know is that several square blocks have been razed already to make way for it. I'm planning to get down there and hunt as much as I can before it's paved over forever. This was an OLD neighborhood, and with the amount of grading going on, there have to be good finds down there.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great, wonder if my wife would let me make a trip. :icon_scratch:

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
NOLA_Ken said:
You may have heard about the new VA hospital that's being built here in New Orleans, what you might not know is that several square blocks have been razed already to make way for it. I'm planning to get down there and hunt as much as I can before it's paved over forever. This was an OLD neighborhood, and with the amount of grading going on, there have to be good finds down there.

Sounds absolutely great, I wish I was there! I just hope that you dont hit another bone patch again. ;D

nfunk

Dec 23, 2005
LaPlace Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, ACE 250
I used to work at Charity Hospital and still with LSU Health Science Center so I am know the area. Should be some great stuff out there waiting to be discovered.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Instead of sitting around thinking about it. It is a weekend get over there and do some detecting and let us know what you find......Matt

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cap'n Crunch said:
NOLA_Ken said:

Sounds absolutely great, I wish I was there! I just hope that you dont hit another bone patch again. ;D
mlayers said:
Instead of sitting around thinking about it. It is a weekend get over there and do some detecting and let us know what you find......Matt

I'm off work on monday, and am taking my ladyfriend who has never detected before out on a "date", we'll post any finds.....thing is, i cant ever hope to cover it all, so I want others to hit it too......

hopefully no bones this time.... :o

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, whatever you guys do, don't eat any oysters or crawdads when yer in Nawlins, or I'll really feel bad!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread