dd scan or the eclispe?

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE DD 8 BY 14 GETS A BOUT 2 INCHES DEEPER ON A COINS OVER STOCK COIL.THE MXT WILL RUN A LOT SMOOTHER WITH THE DD STYLES COILS.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8x14 is kinda heavy, but i LOVE my 6x10...

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You already have the big coil so why don't you get a smaller one for looking near sidewalks and stuff like the 6X10 DD or even the 4X6 DD? There are alot of guys that buy a 6X10 DD and never go back to the stock coil. I did that with once before but now I have the 10" D2 DD coil. If the ground where you hunt is not that highly mineralized go for the 6X10 DD. It has great separation and you will still get great overall results and the coil is small enought to get in and around shrubs and into tight places near houses and stuff. Save the 300 coil for relic hunting and such in open fields. Just an opinion, Tim

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know of more users that sold their 14s because they were too heavy than those that use them. I'll throw in a vote for the 6X10. It's on my MXT most of the time.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread