GGGGGold

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
dscott67 said:
i believe gold will strike 1400 per oz by sunday,any takers ?? :laughing9:

I agree, but just to be very honest with you.... gold is not getting more "valuable", its inflation on the dollar. It's cost us more in our paper currency to buy it. In short, the higher that price goes, the more trouble we are in with our currency. It's a very bad sign. Hold onto any gold and silver you can get your hands on is all I can say.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My question would be, "What good will having gold do you?" Even if it goes to $2K - $3K per oz., who is going to buy it and what good would the money do you if the money isn't worth anything? When the money becomes worthless, there is total unemployment, grocery stores are unstocked, there is mayhem and anarchy on the streets, what good will the gold do you? You can't eat it (well, I guess you could, but, things wouldn't come out well <pun intended>). And these gold investment firms........they typically charge about 30% over market value for their physical gold and if you try to sell it back to them, they will offer you about 30% under market value. This means that gold would have to go up in value 60% for you to just break even! I am prepared for any eventual hard times, but, it is in the form of food, water purification, medical needs, and other necessities, i.e. fishing equipment, guns, ammo and survival gear.

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Roland58 said:
My question would be, "What good will having gold do you?" Even if it goes to $2K - $3K per oz., who is going to buy it and what good would the money do you if the money isn't worth anything? When the money becomes worthless, there is total unemployment, grocery stores are unstocked, there is mayhem and anarchy on the streets, what good will the gold do you? You can't eat it (well, I guess you could, but, things wouldn't come out well <pun intended>). And these gold investment firms........they typically charge about 30% over market value for their physical gold and if you try to sell it back to them, they will offer you about 30% under market value. This means that gold would have to go up in value 60% for you to just break even! I am prepared for any eventual hard times, but, it is in the form of food, water purification, medical needs, and other necessities, i.e. fishing equipment, guns, ammo and survival gear.

You're absolutely right Roland. I am on the same page with you, I have been telling people the same thing for years but no one seems to want to listen to it. Gold and silver will only help during the initial panic, but it wont take long before food, bullets and other items become the real currency.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cap'n Crunch said:
Roland58 said:

You're absolutely right Roland. I am on the same page with you, I have been telling people the same thing for years but no one seems to want to listen to it. Gold and silver will only help during the initial panic, but it wont take long before food, bullets and other items become the real currency.

Apparently, you have discovered (as I did) how few people believe this! I think when the fecal matter strikes the air mover, we need to get together........hopefully, there will be others!

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dscott67 said:

Could be but I just began buying & selling mining stocks as the market fluctuates. Trying to time the ups and downs and make a few bucks either way. Following a friends charting model.

Of course there still plenty of variables, like the miner strike at a mine in South America. Can't predict those. :)
BS

PS:
Traditionally the gut check rule for the price of gold is "One ounce of gold = one nice men's suit". Go figure.

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BuffaloBob said:
dscott67 said:
Could be but I just began buying & selling mining stocks as the market fluctuates. Trying to time the ups and downs and make a few bucks either way. Following a friends charting model.
Of course there still plenty of variables, like the miner strike at a mine in South Ameria. Can't predict those. :)BS Traditionally the gut check rule for the price of gold is "One ounce of gold = one nice men's suit". Go figure.

Here is a chart for the overall Gold mining stocks as of Friday 02/18/2011. Based on this data, the price is close to topping out (for mining stocks).

Attachments

• Mkt_01.jpg
    Mkt_01.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 325

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL! It looks like something Gore put up to explain global warming!! ;D

I am impressed that you understand that stuff. I don't and that is why I have a money manager.

OP
OP
dscott67

dscott67

Dec 5, 2010
MS.
Detector(s) used
garrett gta 350
i have a gut instinct that there's a grand scheme behind all this price jacking,i may have to use mine to buy food,clothing,etc.. next year if not sooner!! it won't be worth a tinkers dern when there is no one to take it off your hands except the GOV.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dscott67 said:
i have a gut instinct that there's a grand scheme behind all this price jacking,i may have to use mine to buy food,clothing,etc.. next year if not sooner!! it won't be worth a tinkers dern when there is no one to take it off your hands except the GOV.

Oh no, that can't be right! If I remember correctly, there will be tax cuts for 95% of the people!! ::) (I must be in the 5% and that must pertain to retirees on fixed incomes :P)

OP
OP
dscott67

dscott67

Dec 5, 2010
MS.
Detector(s) used
garrett gta 350
Roland58 said:
dscott67 said:

Oh no, that can't be right! If I remember correctly, there will be tax cuts for 95% of the people!! ::) (I must be in the 5% and that must pertain to retirees on fixed incomes :P)
i am most certain you'll find me in the 5% line !! :o,, that's the saddest part of it,,you,i and 60 million other tax payers !! :icon_scratch: i don't think that the fecal matter is that far off !! lol

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
I don't own much Gold and what little I have I'm going to hold onto, and that goes for what silver I have as well.

Does anyone remember the tax break the government gave us last year to help boost the economy. Well I just got my tax's done this week and they took it all back. All I can say is don't wait for your uncle to bail you out. :BangHead: Rick

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rockin Chairs Gold said:
I don't own much Gold and what little I have I'm going to hold onto, and that goes for what silver I have as well.

Does anyone remember the tax break the government gave us last year to help boost the economy. Well I just got my tax's done this week and they took it all back. All I can say is don't wait for your uncle to bail you out. :BangHead: Rick

LOL. My sister (a big BO fan) is still waiting for her 'big check' and I have a brother-in-law and his wife that are still looking forward to the 'free' healthcare! My cousin's wife (in England) is on a waiting list for a surgery she needs performed and has been for months......right now, they tell her she is about a year and half out. Yeah, that's what we need!!........not.

OP
OP
dscott67

dscott67

Dec 5, 2010
MS.
Detector(s) used
garrett gta 350
i'm terrified to even begin mine,i'm sure they'll get it back from me too..heck,them freeloaders need it in wash.,,,,they make me want to "PUKE",and they sure ain't gettin my gold and silver,shoot it would take me 3 days to find it,i got dementia you see !! :laughing9: :laughing9: ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions