Coin With Big Nose?

c.e.willcuts

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2011
29xen9s.jpg
[/img]

The coin has no words on it, and I can not tell where it is from. I just inherited this coin from my great grandfather who traveled a lot in his lifetime. If anyone could help out, it would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 361
OP
OP
C

c.e.willcuts

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2011
I am not sure why the image is not showing up on my computer but on the front is a man with a rather large nose, with no markings or words around it at all on the surface outside of the face is completely flat.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your pic is coming through, however, I haven't a clue about the coin (if it is a coin). I am curious why anyone would drill a hole at a point that the profile would hang upside down?? :dontknow: Maybe something on the other side that would make a better display?

OP
OP
C

c.e.willcuts

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2011
hmmm well I can't find anything about it on the internet. I wish I knew the date of the coin. My great grandfather died back in the 80's, and my great grandmother left me his collection. the bag I found this coin in has coins mostly from the middle to late 1800's.

OP
OP
C

c.e.willcuts

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2011
Here is the reverse side of the coin. again, sorry for pic quality the best i can do. but in the center of the piece is a small ship.

Attachments

• coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 256
OP
OP
C

c.e.willcuts

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2011
Well that makes sense because he did travel to South America... Any idea of what this could potentially be worth?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No doubt about it, Don.......with a little assist from CMD, you nailed it once again! You are good to have around!!

Willcuts, if you move your camera back a little bit so that it can focus and then crop your pic, it should turn out much better.......just a thought, it might help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread