Distance to hunt

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to stay within 30 min drive to work, on call 24/7!!! Apartment Maint Tech!! as soon as my new helper is up to speed, I get every other weekend away from carring the phone!!! Then i can go farther away up to 2 hours!! depending on gas!! and Red HH Chug

OP
OP
WKYDIGGER

WKYDIGGER

Jan 25, 2011
western Ky.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The price of gas may end up affecting all of us.

Mike

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It depends on the type of TH you are doing. If you hunt parks or relics your travel probably is not that bad. Locally, I hunt in a 150 mi.radius for parks, seashores and yards, but when cache hunting I have traveled from east coast to west coast and up and down the west coast. I drive a 22' diesel MH that gets 13 MPG average so the cost of fuel has severely affected my travel. My cache targets for this year are limited to a 300 mile radius. That is until I hit a big one!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am staying close to home I only go 60 miles one way. So that would be about a hour drive. If I go for a weekend I have travel 3 to 4 hundred miles. I always put it in my plans for vacation time that I get to hunt 3 or 4 days. When we go a beach for vacation time I hunt in then morning and evening....Matt

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My two most hunted spots are close by. One is a five minute drive, the other is a half hour walk through some pretty treacherous woods.

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
I live a 1/2 hour outside of Boston. I have history all around me so I don't have to travel far. My town or any adjoining town will do. I'll never get to it all either. Not at my pace anyway. This IS just a hobby so there are more important things in life to keep me busy. I do enjoy though and miss it lately with two feet of snow still on the ground. I haven' seen bare ground since Christmas Day.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the snow and ice hits I go abroad to hunt (for at least a month at a time to minimise air travel costs) but with the fuel prices being way higher in Britain than just about everywhere I find its better to travel to other U.K. areas (especially if low mineralisation so the finds are worth digging) and beg the farmer to allow me to park my motorhome on site on the fields I'm going to search.

With beaches if a beach strips again its best to park as near as you can and work the beach for a few days till its exhausted or the tides bring the sand back in.

Petrol (cheapest) is over $9 per gallon and parking around $4.50 per day.

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anywhere from 5 minutes to two hours, i just found a honey hole that will last the whole summer and its 45 minutes away, the most i have gone to detect is a 6 hour drive

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
U K Brian, What does it cost to rent a MH over there?

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually travel around 15 to 20 miles locally, with the Gas prices it has limited my travel.
I'me afraid it will 'severly affect' us all in everything we do. :'(

Fossis..............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions