cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Folks let me tell you, the man that did the restoration on these relics is the absolute BEST in relic restoration. I have never see any work like his, the pics below speak for themselves. The button isnt mine but is work that he did. The plates however are mine, before and after pics: ENJOY....

To see more of his work or to contact him you can find him at americanrelichunters.com under the Hallowed Ground Restorations forum.

And for my plates:

The 1st plate is a box plate that I found 3 years ago, it was folded in half and very mangled. I wanted it flate for display and he did just that.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

The 2nd plate is the puppy paw buckle that I found on the 23rd of December of last year, the one that I hit with my shovel. I wanted a full restoration on it and all I can say is WOW

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Just for the heck of it here is another plate that he did for another gentleman, I had to post a pic of this one b/c this is unreal work

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Looks like he uses the old auto body method known as running lead that was used before plastic fillers came out. I do some restorations also, but mostly early American and I usually mount them.

Attachments

• ax300.jpg
    ax300.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,603
  • towing tree 700-.jpg
    towing tree 700-.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 261
  • oil tags 700-.jpg
    oil tags 700-.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 266
  • ax300.jpg
    ax300.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,582
  • towing tree 700-.jpg
    towing tree 700-.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 239
  • oil tags 700-.jpg
    oil tags 700-.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 237

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's amazing. That's all I can say. Niffler

dirty_digger

Jan 8, 2010
Jacksonville, AR
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
This is neat to see. I used to have a small electolosis setup. But really want to make a big one. You guys that are good at this should make some how to videos for the rest of us. I have two axe heads and have no clue what to do with them. Your axe picture is cool... maybe. I cant tell if you turned a junk find into something really cool, or if you just have mounted junk? Either way, I have some Walnut wood that would look great with an axe head in it. I might have to make one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions