NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to the urologist yesterday for a cystoscope exam (shortest route to bladder) I have a history of kidney stones, and he wanted to have a look-see at the inside of my bladder, to see if I had any stones floating around that I didn't know about......believe me, if there were any, I would be the first to know ???. Well, he did find something but, it was not stones. It is a 1 centimeter tumor, over the top of my right ureter :(. He did a biopsy and won't know the results for 3 days, that sure beats the customary 2 weeks ::). so, regardless of the outcome, it is going to be removed on the 14th. of this month. I need prayers for a good outcome all around :wink: Just when ya think ya can finally get to see spring arrive, and the ground to thaw.BAM! My mother passed away last Nov. from..............bladder cancer! But, hers was much more advanced, and had spread all over the place, hopefully mine is just the little bump that was found, and that we caught it in time. Scary thought though. Another scary thought, the only people who get these bladder tumors are, those who used to smoke and those that still do. 65,000 new cases each year. I smoke and my mother quit 35 years ago, I have to quit and the Dr. thinks it's easy. I have a greater physician and I am sure that with His help, I can do it :notworthy:........NGE

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Need a little prayer

Thanks Bobby, did I mention that the Dr.'s office was like a chamber of horrors? Oh yeah, nothing got numbed up as was told to me, till after he had all instruments inserted :violent1: I think my screams emptied his waiting room, cause there was no body left when I got done..........NGE

Mac232

Aug 18, 2007
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Prayer sent , Yank , prayed for a good outcome .

" Neck "

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanks to all for the well wishes :icon_thumleft: I made a mistake in my original post, it will be removed on the 11th. , not the 14th. On the 14th. I have another procedure it's called prostiva It's RF heat applied to the prostate. Yep, you guessed it, same entrance as the first, except this time I'll be under the influence of Vallium and Vicodin 750's wheeee, sounds like a good time, from what my friends tell me :laughing7:.........NGE

crzhors

Oct 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse,Excaliber,Pulse8X

Good Luck Amigo! If it hurts worse than passing stones....Yow...
Whip it!

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Crz, been there, done that......YIKES! Nope, this is more localized, like more like where the stone exits, it just burns a bit ( I have been known to fib a bit)....NGE

Dirty Money

Sep 21, 2010
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MX5 w/ 8X6 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hang in there NGE. Scariest thing in the world is hearing the c word. After the fear, comes "I can beat it." And you can. I would wager that there are a lot of people on this forum that have; myself included.

Just know that you are in our prayers, and our hearts.

Dave

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You got it hoss. I'll be up on the divide today at about 12,000 feet and I'll remember you. Maybe a prayer will get there a little quicker with that much of a headstart. Be good and keep your head up and your powder dry, nge!

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II

Not sure about the location of your tumor in the bladder(no medical back ground), but both my father and father-in-law had bladder cancer. In both cases they simply scrapped the cancel from the bladder wall and it went fine from there. My father had to have his done twice but it did not return after the second one. In both cases they smoked.

By all means quit smoking, I quit in 1978, went cold turkey after smoking 2 1/2 packs a day. It was the toughest thing I ever did in my life but also the smartest.

Our prayers are with you, both with the cancer and the smoking. God be with you. :coffee2: Rick

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Rockin Chairs Gold said:
Not sure about the location of your tumor in the bladder(no medical back ground), but both my father and father-in-law had bladder cancer. In both cases they simply scrapped the cancel from the bladder wall and it went fine from there. My father had to have his done twice but it did not return after the second one. In both cases they smoked.

By all means quit smoking, I quit in 1978, went cold turkey after smoking 2 1/2 packs a day. It was the toughest thing I ever did in my life but also the smartest.

Our prayers are with you, both with the cancer and the smoking. God be with you. :coffee2: Rick
Not sure about the location of your tumor in the bladder. Rick, he said it was just above the ureter tube that comes from the right kidney into the bladder......NGE

bigd

Tenderfoot
May 20, 2007

Prayers already sent NGE, Hoping your surgery will get rid of every last bit of it. Stay very positive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions