Rechargable 9V Batteries...yes or no?...Any recommendations?

stilllookin

Apr 3, 2010
Vermont
All I can say is they work for me. My MD takes two 9 volt batteries and I carry 2 sets with me. I've never had a session where I had to change the batteries. The charge does not last as long as a fresh set of alkaline batteries. I just hate buying new batteries all the time. :dontknow:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I find it more convenient to just go to BJs and get a 6 pac of Duracell coppertops.
The hassle of charging and the bleeding of charge from rechargable batteries just isn't worth it. The coppertops will hold their charge 5 yrs. in storage and they hold up well in usage unless you are running a power hog. I use them in my 2 Box, pointers and Vibra Tector.
Now if they come out with Lio rechargeables I would try them. Frank

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn said:
I find it more convenient to just go to BJs and get a 6 pac of Duracell coppertops.
The hassle of charging and the bleeding of charge from rechargable batteries just isn't worth it. The coppertops will hold their charge 5 yrs. in storage and they hold up well in usage unless you are running a power hog. I use them in my 2 Box, pointers and Vibra Tector.
Now if they come out with Lio rechargeables I would try them. Frank

Same here. I just buy them then toss them. I bought a charger but never used it :dontknow:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Thanks for the Li info, but I think I will wait untill they get the 2 battery charger sorted out and then get it and 4 batteries. Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions