SEEKING PARTNERS IN COASTAL ECUADOR ECO-LODGE

sanson

Greenie
Nov 30, 2010
Florida
Hi Everyone,

Coastal Ecuador is wide open, diving is great, with dozens of shipwrecks and many pre-inca ruin sites along the coast,
(Never been touched with a metal-detector) The land along the coast is extremely cheap,, for example 1 hectare of land roughly 2.5 acres within walking distance to the beach is around 1000-1500 USD. I have been there many,many times and never had a problem everyone has always been extremely kind. Some Fluency in Spanish is a BIG PLUS. I'm Open for Discussion

Sanson

emseda

Greenie
Aug 14, 2010
Your right, recently I came from South America, there are a lot to look in those places. Where in the coast of Ecuador your talking
about? My email is [email protected]

Frank Seda

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
In 1997 we were instumental in getting the law changed in Ecuador to allow privately funded companies limited permission to research and recover artifacts from colonial galleons in Ecuador's territorial waters.
We subsequently found and salvaged the galleon "Capitana" (1654).
However, in 2008, while rewriting the constitution of Ecuador, President Correa, under pressure from UNESCO, signed a new decress which put an end to all privately funded marine archeology. This decree followed UNESCO guidelines and it was decided that leaving the wrecks untouched in the water would be Ecuador's new approach on how to deal with marine cultural goods.
So....bottom line: If you search, find and salvage marine artifacts in Ecuador, be prepared for the consequences.
Don.......

OP
OP
sanson

sanson

Greenie
Nov 30, 2010
Florida
Hi Don,

I never planned to search, find, and salvage anything! But isnt it legal to use a metal detector on the beach?

Yes, it is quite unfortunate, that President Correa has put an end to all privately funded marine Archeology,, "Look but don't touch" is what they prefer. I have to side with the law even though it may not be fair. "Life is not fair."
I could offer tourists the opportunity to pick their own fruits and vegetables for dinner. Now that would be ECO-LODGE!!!
I think the govt may prefer us to invest in their country instead of taking their treasure, They must still think we are all just pirates, nothing has really changed much except time. I know from reading a few history books Ecuador has always dealt with Pirates! and this time it appears they have the last say, not the Pirates!

OP
OP
sanson

sanson

Greenie
Nov 30, 2010
Florida
dingdong said:
once u find something the goverment takes it and puts u in jail for randsom they really like people from USA yea very friendly ask your cell mate
Now that sounds like it is coming from someone who has experienced first hand the consequences, Did you take something and did they put you in Jail and did they hold you for Ransom? :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
sanson

sanson

Greenie
Nov 30, 2010
Florida
dingdong said:
once u find something the goverment takes it and puts u in jail for randsom they really like people from USA yea very friendly ask your cell mate
Are you from the USA?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions