little help ace 250 guys

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it doesn't matter with that detector.just notch out every thing up to a dime.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well what setting to use depends upon what you want to find --just old coins or are you looking for relics as well ?--- to advise you properly as to how to "best" set it up --we need to know what yer after first.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
If you get on youtube there are several good videos about the 250 and how to dig plugs without killing the grass. I set mine according to the site, it all depends on the amount of trash in the area you want to hunt.

HH Charlie

OP
OP
skaufman77

skaufman77

Greenie
Mar 18, 2011
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
i will be looking for coins and relics. thanks for your help!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if you want "relics" that means iron stuff --then you gotta go in all metal made and dig it all -

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just a bit of advice on coins. The indian pennies I have dug in the past have all hit a little below penny on the 250.

When I ran the 250 I would hunt in relic mode but only dig the decent coin signals. The deeper the target is, the more iffy the signal becomes. So, any signal I got in relic mode I would stop and investigate. If it appeared to be a deeper target I would try to get a half decent and somewhat consistent coin signal out of it by walking around the target. Sometimes those deeper iffy signals turned out to be coins. Sometimes they were junk. Experience will eventually help you know which ones to dig and which ones to pass up.

-Swartzie

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Discrimination and settings don't have anything to do with tearing up the yard. You must strive to cut the smalles plugs possible and be sure to replace all plugs you cut. Put your dirt and grass on a towel to be sure to get it all back and so you won't overlook something in the dirt you dig out. Some people even carry a small squirt bottle of water and water the plugs slightly when replacing them. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread