Largest/most valuable treasure ever discovered and documented?

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
" And if the Odessey crew were guilty of stealing anything....why were they released from the Spanish jails???

(I know why....my friend is buddies with one of the guys that were detained....and it all comes down the "root" of all the drama)"

...Well mate, it may have to do with the fact that the 2 ships detained were detained AFTER the bird had flown the coop, so to speak. Kind of like arresting the first 2 passers by when the thief has fled...maybe?

And NH..you're sounding very Paul Revere-like in your posts lately. "The British are coming! Don't listen to Dano, he's evil! The British are coming!" :laughing9:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Dano Sverige said:
Sigh..thanks Hank. We're definately one eyed men in the kingdom of the blind here arn't we? lol.

NH - Did i say Odyssey deserve nothing for all their effort and hard work?..Umm no!
What i give on your country on almost a daily basis is just an outsiders opinion/s. Many of you tend not to like this and it seems to hurt your feelings when i don't stand for the national anthem hand on heart and wave a little stars and stripes flag with every comment. Sorry about that, but we in the real world tend to just take outside criticism on the chin, or we respond/defend/attack in kind. It's what a "forum" is for i believe?

You keep coming out with these quotes that just rebound and bite you in the a$$. Spain built an empire, it's what we all did in the days before the USA. When you did finally emerge you copied us, and slaughtered your way to owning a country, which you then raped for all it was worth. In your own skewed reasoning i suppose the US should pay back to the native indians (at todays rate of course) for every bit of gold you butchered their ancestors to get? Please! ::)
(this bit goes for you too Daedalus)

I don't pretend to know all the in's and out's of this case, my "stolen" view is purely because of the suspicious way in which :wink:Odyssey went about the find and continue to do so. I don't have the time or inclination to delve into the minutae of these things. To me it was a clear case of "smash & grab"..and that's not legal!
If this insults your sensitivities then so be it. :dontknow:

I'm more into finding and handing over "history" for the public to enjoy as well as me, but as you're likely to scream "this is a treasure site!" i'll go with that:
I'm here to discuss finding treasure and keeping it...LEGALLY! (and to pi$$ off yanks!)
The US government has been paying back the native Americans for many many years and rightfully so. What have the Spanish done lately ? As far as "smash & grab" are you suggesting that recovering all that treasure was accomplished in a matter of hours right under the nose of the Spanish Navy or are they just too stupid to notice big ships winching up treasure over several weeks time ? As you said, you don't have time to look into the facts of the case... You just blindly spew your drivel. Come on man, make an effort.. It took me all of about 4 minutes to Google "Black Swan" & get my facts together before posting bad info. It's not a total loss though. You seem to have gained a cheerleader.. ;D And to show I can be the bigger man and not stereotype our British friends just because YOU don't have a clue the first thing I do when I get home to NH is go out to the garage and lovinglly caress the 71 Triumph Bonneville I've owned for 35 years..

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No...it was about money.....

They paid their way out (alledgedly).

And what empires did the USA emerge from??? The British Empire and Spain! Great teachers on slaughtering and raping our way to the top! Thanks!!! :notworthy:

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have friends in England....They think we're awesome!!! You should talk to them!!! ;D ;D ;D

Hank

Oct 25, 2004
Charlotte,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, BH, Tesoro, et al
Bandit, I never asked if you 'were a lawyer'. That slip could neutralize your accusing me of being unable to understand the issue?
Aside from that, what IS your problem and the millions of Americans like you, who can neither stand criticism, or truth? This might be the reason your thinking remains static?

There's a lot in this country that needs criticism to make intelligent changes.
Europe is no Elysian Fields either. Unfortunately the English have sunk to new lows, and are now in bed with imperialist USA, and their 'neat' little wars of profit.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Hank said:
Bandit, I never asked if you 'were a lawyer'. That slip could neutralize your accusing me of being unable to understand the issue?
Aside from that, what IS your problem and the millions of Americans like you, who can neither stand criticism, or truth? This might be the reason your thinking remains static?

There's a lot in this country that needs criticism to make intelligent changes.
Europe is no Elysian Fields either. Unfortunately the English have sunk to new lows, and are now in bed with imperialist USA, and their 'neat' little wars of profit.
Wow.. I don't even know how to respond to that... ::) Tinfoil hat on too tight ? Have a nice night

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Soooooo...as i was saying...there are a few "greatest treasures" around Kiki. :)

Hope our uncalled for little "spat" hasn't put you off or spoilt the site for you as a whole. They're a great bunch on here,if a little...tender in places.
Apologies and best of luck. :wink:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Dano Sverige said:
Soooooo...as i was saying...there are a few "greatest treasures" around Kiki. :)

Hope our uncalled for little "spat" hasn't put you off or spoilt the site for you as a whole. They're a great bunch on here,if a little...tender in places.
Apologies and best of luck. :wink:
Well we agree on something. It certainly was uncalled for. "The point of my constant negativity is to annoy whiney wankers like you. Seems i'm good at it" Welcome to the site Kiki.

Garfed

Apr 13, 2011
I really do not understand your constant negative points. "Steal"? I read it from international waters, they spent a considerable amout of investment research, and find it....

Attachments

• undecided.gif
    undecided.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 492
  • undecided.gif
    undecided.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 490

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
Obviously reading the full thread is beyond you mate.? I explained my side and claiming it was in International waters while steadfastly refusing to reveal the location would be more than a little suspicious were you an investigative official on this case...right? :icon_scratch:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
That's a "Well yeah you heard the beep, but i got down and grabbed it quicker. Mine!!" kinda pic, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions