fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some $%&^%&^^%!!! came into my garage last night and entered my truck. They stole an old work jacket that was laying on the seat and my digital camera that was in the console!
They overlooked the GPS that was in the dash bin and they walked right by my DFX and XLT.
All I can say is that there is a special place in H**l for a thief.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't stand an out right theif....Someone broke into my car once and stole the tape player.....He left my Gibson banjo($2000.00) that was laying in the back seat...

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry and I understand,, like a violation.
A couple of years ago I left an 7.5kw gen in the back of my truck because I got home late, and when I came out Early the next morning it was gone, The miserable shiftless jerks took the time to Lift it out of the back of my truck (one ton). That's a lot of work.
Guess we can expect more, unless something really turns around,, the economy makes people that skirt the edge go on over.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate thieves, too.

Talk about ridiculous, sometimes.

This past summer - I went out to my backhoe, and someone actually stole my hand throttle. Left the bracket, took the throttle. :icon_scratch:

Beth

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your lost. I hope you carry insurance so they will replace it for you. If this economy don't get better the theifs will get worse as they will take anything that is not tie and locked down to make a buck.....Matt

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
Sorry about your lost. I hope you carry insurance so they will replace it for you. If this economy don't get better the theifs will get worse as they will take anything that is not tie and locked down to make a buck.....Matt
I am not going to submit a claim because the cost of the camera would not meet my deductible. According to the Deputy that took the report there have been 18 vehicle break-ins in a sub-division about a mile from here. There are no garages so all the vehicles are out in the open.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep that police report.

If you itemize deductions on your income tax - you can write that off as long as you don't collect insurance money on it.

Beth

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
Other than that generator, these lowlifes want things with some value but easily concealed or carried. As far as the jacket they probably thought there was a wallet or something in it and it was a quick grab.

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Several years ago, vehicles were being broke into here and all that was being stolen was money. Anything else of value was over looked. It turned out to be 4 girls ages 12 and 13 old. I never used to lock my truck, but I do now.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I posted in the scumbag post, but I will summarize here. Hook 2 190db sirens to your alarm or to a switch on the doors of your truck. This is an instant scareoff. You can also hook it to your tailgate. Frank

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
hook up a remington 870 pump 12 gauge shotgun gun with (4) 3 in #4 buckshot shells -- folks round here KNOW better than to screw around my place -- they know --florida castle law -- I will shoot em if they are on my place robbing or stealing stuff and i catch em and they do not go right to the ground facedown , spread eagle upon my command --any sudden moves and their toast -- cuz I'm taking no chances with my life -- who knows ? they might have a gun or other weapon hid on em and try to kill me to avoid going to jail -- thus I can not afford to take that chance , since I was in mortal fear of losing my life when he / she made that sudden move.

so sorry charley

its a fact criminals are more scared of armed homeowners than the cops -- cops just arrest theifs giving them "jail time" --(ie free food and medical care and shelter they do not have to pay or work for ) -- while homeowners might shoot em -- in a survey--theifs in prision were asked what one thing would make you leave a place you broke into right away -- #1 answer --the sound of a shotgun "racking" a round .

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I am sorry for the loss. I really am!

We have a flea market booth that we depend on as income. Two weeks ago, some punk busted my locked case, and stole 16 silver certificates....and they destroyed my case.

I'm ticked about losing the silver certificates, but destroying my locked case??? I've sold a ton of stuff over the past 5 years with no problems, but now I can't use my case.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Emileel

Jan 4, 2009
I feel for you, I really do. I have lost sports equipment and bikes that way, but what happen last week takes the cake. I had spent well over an hour picking up my dogs um.....number two gifts from all over my yard. The bag I had used was one of those Christmas gift drawstring bag, (I was out of garbage bags) with gold tinsel still attached. I must have picked up several pounds of the um... stuff and had knotted it shut in such a way that it wouldn't spill out and left it on the side of the house with the lawn clippings bags to wait till trash day. The next morning, I walked outside and yep, you got it, someone had helped themselves to it! I sure hope they think they got something grand and I would have loved to have seen their face when they ripped the bag open to see what was inside. LOL :laughing7:

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Sister had a DVD player stolen out of the back of her car , they broke the window out to get to the unit.
This was in a parking lot full of people in daylight .
But I think the thing that makes me really angry is the Pawn shops in the area are full of this stuff, some of the things still in there boxes with a price tag on it. And they can buy it and not get into trouble but if we bought something at a sale we would be taken in for buying stolen goods .

You might check the Pawn shops for your camera as that is where most of it goes for quick cash . If they have it call the police and have them come out. That way they will not sell it.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear that, I've been stolen from so many times by friends.

Dont you just love the so called friends that steal from you. I've been in that boat too. If i had all the money and valuables that were stolen by so called friends i could easily take a years vacation. Needless to say theyre not friends anymore. In fact i no longer invite people to my home.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my former life as a cop, one of the greatest satisfactions I got was catchin a thief and recovering the property. About 35 years ago the door was kicked in to my own house. The stole a 1/2 gallon of ice cream and a spoon, didn't touch the guns or musical equipment. Didn't catch em at the time, but a few years later I was instrumental in gettin that rascal 25 years in the pen for one his many continuing felonious acts. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I feel for you, and been right where your at.

These buggers should have a "T" hot branded into their forehead, this should be standard practice when one is caught red handed.
The public should be able to tell a thief at a glance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread