Minelab Quattro

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey folks, I had a question involving the Quattro. I notice when I hit the coin mode button, I can hit it a second time and it looks like it's notching something out. Also ...what would be the best mode to detect in simply looking for old coins? I've tried all metal mode but it's just overwhelming. Does anyone have a custom program that they have luck with?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin or Coin and jewelry.....You can reset it to factory default which should clear any notching by holding the power button in for 5-10 seconds if I remember reading it correctly...I have the Safari and just read the manual last week, they are basically the same except the Safari is faster.....

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
It's the top left coin mode button, I can hit it once and it goes into coin mode and if I hit it again it looks like the bar on the bottom of the screen fills up more from left to right like it was notching something out. I bought it used and it didn't have a manual so I'm learning as I go.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farscape said:
It's the top left coin mode button, I can hit it once and it goes into coin mode and if I hit it again it looks like the bar on the bottom of the screen fills up more from left to right like it was notching something out. I bought it used and it didn't have a manual so I'm learning as I go.

The manual is available on line, if you put Minelab Quantro Detector Manual in a search in google you will find it in a PDF file.

Here is a link to the manual...... http://www.metaldetectorresource.com/manuals/Quattro MP.pdf

Good luck. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread