New Mo-sheen!

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've lurked here once in a while for years, and I signed up a few months ago. I never owned a MD, but I wanted one for years.

I remember the moment when I decided that I wanted one! It was around 1975-'76. I was very young. Maybe 12ish. We were visiting a cousin, in Culver, In. home of Culver Military Academy, and we were at Lake Maxinkuckee where a gentleman was detecting the beach. I spoke with him and he showed me a few coins and a ring that he had just found! That's a long patient wait!

Today I got a Garrett GTAX550! Wish me luck!!!!!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Best of luck mate...patience is a primary need in this hobby so you'll do well. :wink:

OP
OP
Theakiki

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The spot where I live is a little wooded area that teens used to come to for many years to drink beers, snuggle up with their girl friend, or whatever else. I thought that it might be a decent spot to check out first.
I found iron junk, broken glass, and a lot of pieces of barbed wire.

Remember.. first metal detecting outing EVER!

Find number one was Some type of car part the size of a silver dollar.
Find number two was about six inches deep. An unopened prophylactic.
Irony for the virgin hunt?

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
" that teens used to come to for many years to drink beers"

Lordy, arn't you gonna be the pull tab and bottle cap king of your state! :laughing9:

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there!!! I had the gtax500 and it was a good coinshotting machine. I got to ask though, what kind of axe is that on your avatar? Does not look familiar. Cool looking body and nice older kahler whammy. Tim

OP
OP
Theakiki

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bigtim1973 said:
Hey there!!! I had the gtax500 and it was a good coinshotting machine. I got to ask though, what kind of axe is that on your avatar? Does not look familiar. Cool looking body and nice older kahler whammy. Tim

Thank you.
That is a 1983 Dean Bel Aire. I have two of them.
n1290222186_30110038_1608.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread