Final chapter ~ scumbag (will not return)

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Got a phone call this morning at 11:15, it was my neighbor (she was very excited, to say the least), I think we got yer "SCUMBAG"! While she was out walking her dog this morning, she heard a woman's voice screaming. She located the source of the anger, and saw a "bunny" running like the wind . She asked her what was wrong, she said that she saw dis bunny sneaking into her neighbor's backyard ( he was at work ), when she went to investigate, she heard the large crashing of glass breaking, she hollered, "HEY, What are you doing back there?" Da bunny came running right past her in the driveway and headed south towards my abode. That's when my other neighbor spotted him and also took chase...........and a cell picture, it was wearing a red and white jacket and had a black hoodie under it, and was wearing a backpack. The original "bunny" hunter was calling the police as she was chasing down the perp. By the time the 5 police cars surrounded the area, da bunny had ditched his jacket and was walking at a normal pace, he couldn't fool our finest though, they picked him up and took him back to the scene of the crime and asked the original chaser if he was da bunny, and my other neighbor was there also and she recognized the backpack and said, YES, that's the one we were chasing and I have a picture! The cop said he must have ditched his jacket, but, another cop took the backpack away from da bunny and unzipped it.........Yup, the red and white jacket was in there! The cops say his M.O. fit about 20 B&E's in the area since the beginning of the year. And he was likely da same bunny that kept coming back to my garage. I publicly thank My neighbors and the " Redford" police dept. for..........being there

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
now press charges --to the full extent of the law

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Ivan, if I am asked, I WILL. But, I think the last victim has first crack at him. I want my window and venetian blinds, and lawnmower he got last fall paid for, then he can go away for 20 years.......NGE

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best post I have read all week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

AND ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Beth

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dis bunny is going away for some time at the country club which we have to pay for his food and upkeep while he is there. That is why many like to go back. At least he won't be stealing your stuff for awhile. :thumbsup:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
pray they do not let the time served for the 20 or so robberys run together --otherwize he gets 3 to 5 at 5 years max for 20 robberys --5 years divided by 20 robberys is like 3 months per robbery (and if he gets out early for "good behavior" even less) and if he get the 3 years min its about 55 days per robbery hardly any real punishment ( with early release for good behavior" even less)--- now the 3 year min per each robbery run one after the other would be oh 60 years -- clearly hes a hard core serial home B & E robber type -- so there is no need to put him back on the streets any time soon , he needs a good long bit of time behind bars.

too bad a home owner did not cap his sorry butt , as he was breaking in (truely the end to the problem) burt at least hes "on hold" for now at least -- one dirtbag off the streets for a while.. :hello2: :headbang:

by the way robbers ---wabbit and "squirrel" season is open year roundhere in florida - cuz we got sumpin called the -"castle law" :thumbsup:

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I'm glad they caught up with the guy before he ended up hurting someone. Items are replaceable. Lives are not.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job, all y'all, nge. Hopefully justice will be served in the manner we want, and if a little less, that rascal will know he ain't welcome in that neighborhood. Glad nobody got hurt, too.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let hope the cops don't blow it and there a mistrial or it gets thrown out of court.I hate when that happens.cops around here get big heads and they make mistake like not recalibrating the alcohol breathalyzer at the station and the four time repeat offender walks that's what happens when you get a good lawyer and the cops get cocky.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
you mean thrown -- out of court --throne is what the king sits upon -- mistrail -- one word one s

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats to bad that you didnt get the chance to help the scumbag up after he accidentally fell down and broke both his arms. :sign10:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sad to say, but "da bunny" has probably already been processed and is out on the street again.

The good news is that he probably won't be coming back to your neighborhood anytime soon.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
???

If he had done it in England, he would be unlucky to do more than 18months....I like your laws better :notworthy:

SS

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smudge said:
Sad to say, but "da bunny" has probably already been processed and is out on the street again.

The good news is that he probably won't be coming back to your neighborhood anytime soon.
I was thinking the same thing. A guy that broke in my house had 9 prior arrests for breaking and entering, all in a 7 year span.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people may think I am harsh, but if it was me, I would go to the jail for visiting hours and wait outside and talk to some people and get some info on their family members in jail, you know just chit chat stuff. Then I would come back the next day or so, visit so and so in the jail and kind of throw out there that I would deposit $50.00 in your bank account if you find some hard core guys in there with you and turn this punk into a jail female!!!!!!

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good one :icon_thumleft: And I think it's the first time in recorded history where 'da' (slang for 'the') and 'abode' were used in the same sentence :D

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
glad that got the dirtbag. good news. hope he makes new 'friends' in the big house.... :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread