NEW MAPPING TECHNOLOGY

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
http://www.maryvilledailyforum.com/news/x2022724899/Deputies-acquire-high-tech-mapping-tool

Maryville, Mo. —
Anyone thinking about breaking the law in these parts, then taking advantage of the size and sparse population of Missouri's fifth-largest country in order to avoid detection or pursuit had better think twice.

The Nodaway County Sheriff's Office has a new high-tech tool to help them figure out exactly where you are.

For the past few months Midland Surveying, 501 N. Market in Maryville, has been working to modify mapping software purchased by the office of County Assessor Rex Wallace that allows deputies and county officials to pinpoint structures and identify landowners anywhere in the county with the click of a mouse.

Anyone who uses Google Earth is familiar with this kind of technology, which is based on aerial photographs taken from low-orbit satellites and airplanes. The difference here is that clicking the cursor on top of a specific parcel of land or a structure — a house, or a barn or a business — causes the owner's name, address and phone number to pop up on the screen...

I hope they make this available to the public, it sure would make finding the land owner to get permission to detect a lot easier.

HH Charlie

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like a GIS system (geographical information system). Basically a tax map system.
A lot of counties have them available to the public online. Try a google search for your counties' gis website. You may be surprised to find out they have one. It's a good tool to see who owns a property and where the property lines are at. I'm fortunate that my county also has scans of old tax maps available.

-Swartzie

WAres

Apr 30, 2011
Puyallup, WA
That's been happening here in Tacoma, WA for years, lookin for junkers and non permitted house add ons. Just another way to get money

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread