• 100_3055.jpg
    100_3055.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 621
  • 100_3056.jpg
    100_3056.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 616
F

Felinepeachy

Dang, that looks sturdy. And being a Craftsman, if it were to ever wear out or break, bend, or otherwise be ruined, I wonder if Craftsman will replace it like they do hand tools. Lifetime :thumbsup:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks good I may have to go and get one.......Matt

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
looks like it is ; C ase
H ardend
I n
N orth
America

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Looks like a decent deal...

I'm pretty anti metal digger for reasons having to do with artifact safety, but there are situations when they are the only option.
For those who are in the market for a decent polymer digger that's a "less than lethal" equivalent for safe artifact recovery, I've shopped (and broken) them all and found this to be my prefered

Polymer Digger

This is pretty good for sand or soil that isnt brutally rocky.

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
looks like it is ; C ase
H ardend
I n
N orth
America
:laughing9:

Love the sheath. That's something the popular Planters Buddy doesn't come with. Plus, the blade goes through the handle. The Planters Buddy does not, and that's where it fails many times. This really is a great deal, although you'll probably be going back to Sears from time to time.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the one I use....I paid over twenty for it though...

N2CU

Feb 13, 2011
Orchard Park, Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F70, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using this for several weeks, but I paid the regular price! Works great but the sheath is toast. First time I put the digger in the sheath it cut through the strap. No problems with hands slipping down the blade. The notch in the end is great for chopping through small roots. The other day I found a bangle bracelet with a root about the thickness of my little finger growing right through the middle. Put the notch on it and hit the handle once - cut right through. Yes, the digger is made in China - what isn't (besides a Lesche)?

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,388459.msg2762419.html#msg2762419

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ah I think I paid about $8 for my Fiskas at Chinamart....but the only thing that both these tools could have that would make them better is a little more of something to grab on to against the tang so you can get that pry/cut action easier on the edges to cut/saw- the tools work, but just adding a little handle so is would be easier would be a nice addition... hum. stray thoughts, if someone wants to use my idea and make money- just throw me a few bucks ok.... :laughing9:

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
JB63503 said:
Just bought this today.. The blade appears to be thick for some heavy duty prying and it also runs all the way through the length of the handle...
Also , I did confirm that if it breaks they will replace it without any hassels (lifetime)...
Does the sheath have a loop or opening to where you can wear on your belt?

Thanks, Bobby

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Not any more it's now $14.99 as of 4/18 Frank

F

Felinepeachy

[mod] To the person who reported this thread as spam, IT"S NOT SPAM! This member was just sharing info about a good deal on a digger. Thank you for your concern [/mod]

B

Bev

This is the one that I use! I like it so much I bought a back up just in case.
I used it in a volunteer clean up in a rural town near me a few weeks ago and it cut through everything with little effort. I have a Lesche with a red handle that I got used but it's kind of rusted out and I never think to use it.
The only thing I did to modify mine is I cut the tip of the bottom off- not so much that the blade sticks out but enough to let dirt and debris fall out when I put it back in the sheath.
I HIGHLY recommend this tool, really. You wont regret it for a second.

@N2CU: I wrapped the opening of the sheath with black electrical tape and once all the way around right from the start because I knew it wasn't going to last. This has saved it from the wear and tear it normally would receive and if it starts to wear down the tape I pull it off and replace it.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just bought a Lesche last night on Amazon for $35.00 + $4.99 shipping. Get the best, you'll never have to worry about the rest. - Terry

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
just an update - on that Fiskas from Chinamart - I broke that beast in half right after I posted last time. I stopped in the Home Depot and couldn't find anything that would hold up- missed even considering sears- because I was closer to both the bigger hardware stores. I ended up at Lowes and got something very similar to whats in the first sears pic. (also has a life time warranty! was about $9- the handle is part of the blade and appears to be almost the same design as the craftsman/sears digging tool -so they go up in to the handle -unlike that fiskas that the blade stopped at the tang- right at the breaking point! oh well- I was and am still considering returning it- but after failing like that I'm thinking I don't want another one- even if it's a replacement. my idea is if it broke once, you'll likely break it again-

anyone here carry a shovel as a backup? I'll look in to that Lesche - but at this point I've bought 2 already... :)

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was at Sears about a week or so ago, and saw this as stated on sale for about $8.97!
I bought one.

Pros: It is very sturdy.
It is great at cutting sod, and root material.
Has a sheath with a belt loop.
Very inexpensive.
Has a heavy-duty handle and blade.
Carries Craftsman's lifetime warranty!
Has inches clearly marked on the blade for depth.

Cons: Vinyl sheath is a P.O.S. I put about a two inch cut in the side of mine within a dozen uses.
Square handle with crisp 90 degree edges is not real comfortable.
It is more closely related to a knife than a trowel, so you can cut through the soil and roots like a digger gone mad, but the very flat blade doesn't deliver a lot of dirt when you are scooping it out of your hole.

Summary: I wanted a Lesche, and was reluctant to shell out the money. This is on all accounts a great tool and the highest quality trowel-like tool that I've ever owned. I paid an equivalent of about two Red Bulls for it, and with the great Craftsman warranty it is a tool which will last my lifetime (unless I lose it). :dontknow:
I am very happy that I stumbled across it, am enjoying the awesome sod cutting capabilities, get irritated about the inabalility of evacuating the dirt from the hole >:(, and am VERY HAPPY that I stumbled across it! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions